Wednesday, September 18, 2024

{Travel} India Trip - Night 3 Sangeet

This was one of our longer days as we had two events.  Earlier in the day was the Vara Puja ceremony at the bride's parents' home and that evening was the Sangeet.
A Sangeet is a pre-wedding celebration that involves music, dancing and speeches.  The word Sangeet, from Sanskrit translates to "sung together" and is usually held a few days before the wedding ceremony.
The dress code was Indian or Western cocktail.  I loved City Girl's gorgeous outfit!
The party was held at the stunning Bangalore Club which looked magical as we entered.
The wedding theme of peacocks was carried out in one of the many incredible flower displays.
It was a beautiful night for an indoor/outdoor event.
The bride and groom arrive!
One of the most fun parts of the evening was seeing all of the dances that friends and family performed for the couple.  There were also thoughful speeches and a heartfelt video montage.
Then the couple performed their own dance for everyone.
Of course I made friends with a kitty at the event.
There was wonderful food, themed cocktails and lots of dancing to round out the most incredible evening!  This was all followed by an after party back at the hotel. It was a good thing we didn't have any wedding festivities until the next night!

to be continued...
Don't want to miss a post? Subscribe here(located on the right hand side of my blog).


Please follow me!

Pin It

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh wow! That looks wonderful!

Carla from The River said...

I love all the twinkle lights!
Hello little kitty. :-)

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like such an amazing time. So very cool.

rupam sarma said...

So beautiful photos, Greetings

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It does look magical! My friend's son married someone for India and the wedding for multiple days was quite elaborate and ceremonial.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, how wonderful everything and everyone looks for the pre wedding celebration. You and your daughter looked so pretty. I can't wait to hear more about the wedding festivities.

Hena Tayeb said...

Such fun. Your daughters outfit is beautiful.

R's Rue said...

Amazing and beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my, and I thought some American weddings were out of control. A "pre-wedding celebration"? I can't even imagine the cost. This is just beautiful, and once again, I love the peacock theme.

Tamar SB said...

I love learning about all the traditions!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails