This is a recipe we recreated from a restaurant meal we had in NYC. The hardest part was finding vegan cavatelli but luckily a local Italian market had it for us.
Ingredients:
serves 3-4
1/2 pound frozen cavatelli
2 Italian (Field Roast) sausages, sliced
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed (I used the microwave for 5 minutes)
olive oil (or water)
lemon 1/2
crushed red pepper
salt & pepper
vegan parmesan cheese (I used Violife)
1) Set a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil, add a generous pinch of salt. Add cavatelli and cook according to the package.olive oil (or water)
lemon 1/2
crushed red pepper
salt & pepper
vegan parmesan cheese (I used Violife)
2) Heat olive oil (or a little water) in a skillet and add sausage and garlic. Sauté until sausage is warmed through and browned. Be careful not to brown the garlic too much.
3) Add steamed broccoli to the pan and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the broccoli.
4)Once cavatelli is done cooking, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
5)Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine everything. Add a pasta water a little at a time if too dry. Grate parmesan cheese on top and stir to let it melt. Taste for seasoning, add more if needed.
Pin It
3) Add steamed broccoli to the pan and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the broccoli.
4)Once cavatelli is done cooking, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
5)Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine everything. Add a pasta water a little at a time if too dry. Grate parmesan cheese on top and stir to let it melt. Taste for seasoning, add more if needed.
Serve immediately with some crusty garlic bread.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife

7 comments:
Yum
Looks great. I love Field Roast sausages.. we always buy the smoky mexican ones, they have a little kick to them.
This dish looks so good and one I'll have to try out. Thanks for this pasta dish recipe Heather.
This looks amazing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Oh my gosh this looks delicious, I was struggling with what to make for dinner tonight wish I would’ve seen this before I went to the store! I’m going to try it for sure!
Yum! I love doing beyond sausage and broccoli!
Oh GOODNESS, yum. Thank you for sharing!!
Post a Comment