We had a quick trip to Virginia and decided to stay in Alexandria for the night. We'd visited before but hadn't stayed over. You can find all of our Washington, DC trips here.
We chose the Hampton Inn in Old Town Alexandria because it was in a great location for walking around Old Town. We could park the car and go everywhere on foot! It was right on King Street.We were pretty hungry and headed out for a late lunch after we checked in at the hotel. We had brunch at The Majestic Cafe on Kings Street. We walked down Kings Street to the water. There were so many little shops and restaurants along the way.
It was such a hot day but much cooler down by the water.

We walked over to Theismann's for dinner. Mr. Click had been there before and said it would be good. The location was perfect, right around the corner for the hotel.

That asparagus was amazing too! After dinner we walked around Old Town for awhile until it started to rain. We headed home in the morning but it was a fun little getaway!







11 comments:
So much fun! I regret not exploring that area more when I lived down there.
What a fun getaway for you two! Love it that you could walk everywhere too. That makes it nice and surely helps with trying to find parking and the cost of gas these days! MERCY! Have a good week Heather Lou. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
That sounds like a wonderful weekend getaway.
Looks fun!! Great buildings too.
Your food looks amazing, but what is your husband eating?? Lol.
I am absolutely bookmarking this! I have always wanted to go here. You guys always make the most of your fun little getaways!
It looks like you both had a great time on your little getaway Heather. I enjoyed looking at the photos. :)
Looks like a wonderful time. I will have to visit next time I’m in the area.
FUN!
Those drinks look very refreshing.. it is hot here today!
Wow, what great trip. Thanks for sharing it. So very nice.
Looks like a great time - will keep that hotel in mind. It looks perfect !
Post a Comment