Tuesday, April 6, 2021

{Recipe} Reboot Salad

This salad is bursting with flavor in every little bite. It's heart healthy-chopped salad perfection.

I found it in The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook.  It's oil free and plant based. The dressing is a delicious combination of raisins and lemon juice, which give it a sweet and tart kick.
Ingredients:
3 cups broccoli, chopped into pea size pieces
3  cups cauliflower, chopped into pea  size  pieces
1 cup carrots, shredded  and chopped into tiny pieces
3 stalks celery, minced fine
1 1/2 cups parsley, minced fine*I used 2 TBS dried parsley
1 1/2 cups  raisins (I used golden)
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
salt(optional)
2 TBS toasted sesame seeds

To make:

  • In a salad bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery and parsley.
  • Place raisins in a small bowl and add 1 1/2 cups hot water.  After  5 minutes of soaking, drain the water off of the raisins and reserve it.
  • In a food processor or high speed blender, combine raisins, lemon juice and 1 cup of the reserved raisin soaking water, and blend until smooth. Add salt  and pepper to taste.
  • Pour the raisin-lemon dressing over the vegetables and toss well. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
  • Can be served immediately but I liked it better after chilling in the fridge for a few hours  when the flavors had time to meld together.


It's so fresh and tasty!
Keeps in the fridge for up to a week.


Please Follow:
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick
Linking  up:


Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Sounds tasty!

Creations By Cindy said...

Not only does this look good but so healthy. I need to try this. I love about any kind of salad. Hope you had a great Easter Heather Lou. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Mica said...

It looks so tasty and colourful! I've never tried raisins as a salad dressing before, so interesting! :)

Hope that you are having a good week! It's been a very rainy one so far here!

Away From The Blue

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I am always looking for recepies for salads as BBQ season is coming! This one sounds pretty good!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

We love salads here and this one looks like a winner Heather. Thanks for this salad recipe!

Carla from The River said...

YUM!! I love salads and have been craving them for awhile.

Ann said...

Love this idea. Husband had a heart attack last year and we are eating VERY healthy - will have to look for this cookbook! Thanks for sharing!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails