I've always eaten pre-made veggie meatballs but never found a foolproof recipe to make them...
Until now! I used this recipe from Hummusapien and followed it pretty closely.
Ingredients:
1 TBS ground flax seed/3 TBS water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
3 large cloves garlic
1/2 medium onion, sliced
15 oz can pinto beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed (I used pinto)
1TBS Italian seasoning
2TBS nutritional yeast
3/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
3/4 breadcrumbs (I used plain panko)
To make:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place walnuts and mushrooms on lined baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave oven on.
- Combine flax seed and water in small bowl, set aside.
- Place onion and garlic in food processor, pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add beans, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, cooked mushrooms and walnuts (it's ok that they are still hot).
- Pulse a few times until everything is chopped and mixture holds together.
- There should be some texture and not totally pureed.
- Put mixture into a large bowl and stir in flax mixture and breadcrumbs.
- Roll mixture into 20 balls. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip and bake another 20 minutes.
- I topped ours with homemade marinara sauce and some vegan parmesan.
- So good! They would be great in a sub too.
I also tried the mixture as a meatloaf and it was good but the bean balls are better.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick














3 comments:
The bean balls sound really good and healthy Heather. I would love to make these sometime.
That sounds good!
High Fives Heather! They sound and look good.
Post a Comment