Face masks have become part of our daily lives. We're fortunate that my mother in law made us each some fabric masks but the elastic was really starting to hurt my ears. I saw some crocheted mask helpers on a website and thought I'd try and make it myself before ordering one.
I found this tutorial and was happy to find all of the supplies I needed at home.
Supplies:
Yarn
Crochet hook
2 buttons
Larger needle (not pictured)
I made the stretchier version. It should measure approximately 1 1/2" x 5". My crochet skills are a little rusty but I think I did ok.Add buttons with a large needle and tie off in the back.
The finished 'helper'.
One of the cute masks that my mother in law made us.
This is how the mask hooks onto it from the back.
It can be worn lower or higher on the head depending on where you find it most comfortable. It takes the burden of the elastic off of your ears. Yay!
Please follow me!
Pin It









6 comments:
These are so genius!
Hi Heather, your crocheted ear mask helper is a great idea for comfort when wearing a mask. It's nice that your mother in law made them for you and the family. I crocheted a few masks for myself and my husband and I hand sewed fabric lining in the inside of them. I need to make more of them as I leave them in the car and hand bag and inside my coats! LOL.
That for sure would be a blessing to those wearing the masks. You did good by your family, in making them. So far I have not worn a mask.
Pinned.. thank you Heather.
Atticus has tried two different styles of masks for work. His trouble is he gets headaches when he wears them during a long shift.
I love this and I agree with you about the elastic! Your masks turned out great! laura
I love this post. Filled with so much and that photo of you and your girls! Love it! Need to check out Loft outlet! Have a wonderful weekend. xo laura
Post a Comment