This fancy Korean coffee drink has been sweeping the internet lately and it seems like everyone and their sister (including mine) has tried it.
If you haven't heard of it, dalgona coffee is milk topped with whipped coffee. I had to try it myself and only needed to get some instant coffee to make it.
Ingredients:
2 TBS instant coffee
2 TBS sugar (I used 1 TBS sugar and 1 packet of Zing sweetener)
2 TBS hot water
Milk of your choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
Ice
To make:
- Combine instant coffee and sugar in a large bowl
- Add hot water (I used boiling).
- Stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Now comes the fun part! Use a hand mixer to start whipping up the coffee mixture. (You can do this by hand with whisk but it will take a lot longer and more arm strength!)
- Keep whipping the mixture. It will lighten up and start to get fluffy.
- You will know it's ready when you've got stiff peaks.
- Add ice and your favorite milk to a glass. You could also make this hot by warming your milk and adding to a mug.
- Scoop the whipped coffee on top of the milk.
- Pop in a straw and enjoy! It looks pretty like this but mix it up to get the flavors incorporated. It's got a kick to it from the caffeine. Have you tried it yet?
Please follow me!












7 comments:
Girl, my 12 year old grandgirl whipped us up one recently while spending the night with me. The first one she made was a little strong and if it's strong for me...it's strong. So she done another batch and it was actually very good even with a kick. Lord knows here lately I've needed the extra perk too. LOL! Hugs and blessings to you Heather Lou.
Cindy
Thanks. I now know what my son is making. LOL.
My daughter saw this on tik tok a few weeks ago and we made it. It's really good and was a hit in our house. Thanks for sharing the recipe Heather.
I have not tried it yet. You have got me thinking I better.
It is so fun! I need to try it with a little less sugar - I got a buzz!!
It’s so funny how this is all the rage! I really want to give it a try! Yours looks delightful so I think I will do that this week!
I love the idea of this coffee, I need to try it :) Yummy.
Post a Comment