Tuesday, April 7, 2020

{Recipe} Vegan (American Style) Goulash

How are you doing on Week 3 (or 4) of quarantine?  I've been cooking a lot and some meals have been more elaborate and "fancy" since I have more time to cook.  But I also feel like all I'm doing is cooking and doing dishes so a one pot meal like this Vegan Goulash is a welcome dish.

It comes together with simple (mostly pantry) ingredients and is forgiving and flexible (feel free to sub in your choice of protein- I used Trader Joe's Beefless Ground), mix up the veggies and pasta. It still comes out perfectly!

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 bell peppers, diced 
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package beefless crumbles (like Trader Joe's brand)
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 tsp each dried oregano, paprika, basil
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
3 1/2- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
2 cups dried pasta (about 8 oz)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes  (optional)
freshly ground black pepper to taste


To make:


  • Heat a little bit of water or oil in large pot over medium heat.  Add onions and peppers.
  • Sauté onions and peppers, for a few minutes then add the beefless crumbles.  
  • Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, breaking up the crumbles.
  • Add garlic and cook a few minutes more.
  • Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, spices and water/broth. Bring to a boil, stir well. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
  • Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, check and stir often to make sure pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
  • When pasta is done and most of the liquid is absorbed, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
  • Serve and enjoy!  Serves 4-6.


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Good Random Fun
Pin It

7 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This looks and sounds so good. I made chickpea pasta and meatless meatballs this week.

Tamar SB said...

Looks so yummy!

Creations By Cindy said...

That looks so hearty too and filling. I have been wanting a pot of soup. I know that sounds crazy to want soup in Florida this time of the year but I love it. I might just make myself some! LOL! Your dish looks so yummy Heather Lou. Happy Resurrection day dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!!
I am doing the same Heather, a lot of baking, cooking and dishes. LOL
xx oo
Carla

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds Wonderful, think I'll have some.

csuhpat1 said...

It looks really good. Thanks for sharing it.

R's Rue said...

I want some.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails