Tuesday, April 28, 2020

{Recipe} Cinnamon Raisin Protein French Toast

I had some cinnamon raisin bread that needed to be used up and was in the mood for French toast.  I wanted to make it a little more filling so I added some unflavored protein powder to the dipping mixture.  It made the house smell amazing while it was cooking. 
Ingredients:
1 cup dairy free milk
1 scoop protein powder
2 TBS ground flax seed
2  tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp cinnamon
4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
coconut oil for frying (optional)
To make:
  • Combine non dairy milk, ground flax, protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a large shallow dish. 


  • Whisk well to combine.


  • Melt some coconut oil in a frying pan(optional).


  • Dip bread in mixture making sure to coat both sides and place in heated pan.

  • Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.  


  • Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Good Random Fun
Pin It

9 comments:

The Glossychic said...

looks delicious. thanks for sharing
The Glossychic

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hey Heather, the french toast looks and sounds so good. I will try and make this sometime.

Tamar SB said...

Oo healthy comfort food!

Jo Rashi said...

This looks so delicious and healthy.. thanks for sharing dear :-)

http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com

R's Rue said...

Yum.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks so very yummy.

Carla from The River said...

I love french toast. Thank you for sharing.

Love Of Quilts said...

Woo that looks good!

Claire Justine said...

Yummy! Love this recipe, Heather :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails