Tuesday, November 19, 2019

{Travel} Italy-Day 6 Cinque Terre - Riomaggiore - Part 4

We ended our visit to Cinque Terre in Riomaggiore.  If you're following along, you can catch up here.
 It's the closest town to La Spezia and the main train station.
 The village dates back to the early thirteenth century and is known for its wine and vineyards.
 The whole village was decorated for their grape festival called Simaatera.
 We were ready for lunch by then and felt compelled to try some of their famous wine.

More pesto for  me!
 I could sit here all day!
 This town definitely had its own unique characteristics.
 More grape festival celebrating!
 We got a little lost but each corner was a beautiful surprise.

 I bet this church looks so pretty at night.
 I was impressed with this interesting gardening technique.
We came upon what looked like a parade about to start but we weren't sure where it was or what it was for.  
 Our last night in Portovenere.
 It was such a special place!
 Veggie pizza for dinner.
Doing a little yacht shopping..but no time for that. Tomorrow we leave for Florence.


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

5 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I love that city but would love to go back when it is less busy like fall.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That looks like such a beautiful place to visit and I enjoyed looking at your photos. I bet that pizza and the pesto were so good!

Carla from The River said...

That pizza, that wine and oh the lovely city.
Fun capture of the unique gardening.
Carla

Tamar SB said...

You captured this trip so well!!

Claire Justine said...

Looks so beautiful here :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails