Monday, May 20, 2019

{Recipe} Copycat Panera Strawberry "Chkn" Salad & Poppyseed Dressing

I showed this salad on one of my Few Things Friday posts awhile back.  It was so good that I decided to remake it for its own recipe post.
 My version of the Panera Strawberry "Chkn" salad starts with some crispy tenders.  I like Gardein and Trader Joe's brands.  I bake them up until they are browned and crispy.
While they are baking, I assemble my salad. For this one I used mixed greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, scallions, mandarin oranges and fresh strawberries.
 Then I whip up this super simple Lemon Poppyseed Dressing.

{Oil Free Lemon Poppyseed Dressing}
Ingredients:
1/2 non dairy milk (unsweetened)
1/3 cup chopped onion (I only had a red one this time)
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS lemon juice
2-4 packets stevia sweetener (I used 2)
1/4-1/2 cup water
2 TBS poppyseeds
Mix all ingredients (except poppy seeds) together in a high speed blender until smooth. Start with 1/4 cup of water and add more if needed.  Stir in poppy seeds and store in an airtight container in the fridge.  Give it a shake if it separation occurs before serving.
  Look at all of those bright colors!
 When the "chk-n" tenders are done, slice them up and add to the salad.
 Pour that dressing on top!
 I like to add some slivered almonds too.
 One more shot of that dressing action.
 Dig in!
Enjoy!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 

Pin It

9 comments:

laurensparks.net said...

That sounds yummy. I love that salad. Visiting you from the good, random fun link up laurensparks.net

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh this looks so good!

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Creations By Cindy said...

YUMMY! I lovwe poppy seed dressing and this looks so simple to make! A must try. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Yummy, Heather!! This is a favorite of mine.
Thank you for sharing.
Carla
Pinned!

Andrea Nine said...

I will 100% be making this!!!

Tamar SB said...

So colorful!!

Love Of Quilts said...

Now I could get into that salad, love fruits in a salad!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Yum! I need to pin this. It's one of my favorite salads there!

Joanne said...

This is my favorite Panera salad and I'm always so sad it's only available in summer. Pinned.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails