I found the idea for this pie at Hungry Girl and followed her recipe for Healthy Scoopable Apple Pie the first time I made it. I wanted to try it with other fruit to see if and how it would turn out. It did!
The recipe cooks in the crock pot so it's a real fix it and forget it kind of treat.
Ingredients:
8 cups fruit (I used frozen peaches, blueberries and a tropical blend)
2 TBS corn starch
3 TBS Truvia sweetener (I used 4 packets of Zing natural sweetener)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Optional: Whipped topping of your choice
To make:
- Place fruit in crock pot sprayed with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine cornstarch with 3/4 cup water, whisk to dissolve. Add all remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour cornstarch mix over the fruit and stir.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours (if not using frozen fruit). I cooked mine for about 3 hours until fruit is soft and liquid has thickened. * (Mine did not get super thick so you made need more cornstarch/less liquid)
Pour into individual jars or containers. Serve with whipped topping. I like the Reddi Whip Almond milk whipped topping. This would also be good poured over pancakes, oatmeal or ice cream. I put mine in the fridge and enjoy them cold.
It's a sweet treat that's guilt free!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Pin It






5 comments:
This sounds really good and something we all would like here Heather. I will have to give this a try. I would like to try the whipped cream too. :)
Not only do they sound delicious, but they’re really cute too! These are the great to serve when having people over.
Oh my.. what fun and sounds yummy!
What a lovely idea Heather. Looks so yummy :)
The fruit one sounds really yummy too! We loved the apple one!
Post a Comment