Who's in the mood for creamy, dreamy stuffed shells that are vegan, oil free and packed full of plant based goodness? I was! I used this recipe as my starting off point. In my version I cut down the amount of nuts and increased the cauliflower. The results were delicious!
Ingredients:
24 jumbo shells
2 cups raw cauliflower, cut into small enough pieces to fit in the measuring cup
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
1/2 cup veggie broth
2-4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 10 oz package frozen spinach, defrosted & squeezed of excess moisture
1 26 oz jar oil free marinara sauce(or make your own)
Vegan Parmesan for top (optional)
To make:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook shells to al dente (about 6 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water when done and set aside.
- Make ricotta filling. Blend cauliflower, cashews, almonds, almond milk, veggie broth, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until you got a ricotta like texture.
- Add spinach and pulse a few more times to incorporate.
- Stuff shells: Add 1 cup of sauce to a 9x12 baking dish and spread around to cover the bottom. Stuff each shell with 1 1/2-2 TBS of filling. Place shells in baking dish side by side in single layer.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells, sprinkle vegan parmesan over top (optional). Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered. Let sit for 5-10 minutes after baking.
Serve and enjoy!
I could go for some right now!
Linking up:
Pin It





6 comments:
Oh yum!!!
I was just thinking this weekend about doing a stuffed shells recipe. These look delicious! Happy Monday!
Looks delicious. I love stuffed pasta shells. You always make the best looking dishes. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
These look SO good!!!!
WOW!! Yummy!!
This looks so tasty Heather. I could just try some. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :)
Post a Comment