Wednesday, May 14, 2014

{DIY} Re-covering Kitchen Stools

So this is my happy ending to my stained kitchen stool saga.
I don't have a miracle cleaner so I decided to re-cover them.


To catch up from yesterday's post, I had tried a Pinterest idea to clean my stained microfiber kitchen stools.
It didn't work and I couldn't get the stains out, no matter what I tried.
I wanted a darker fabric anyway so I finally picked out some fabric and decided to cover them.
It has 'only' taken me two years or so to find a fabric that I like.
Mr. Click was around to help me and removed the base of the chairs so we could get to the cushions.
Once the base came off, it was easy to remove the cushions.
I bought two yards of fabric at Hobby Lobby for about $12.  Here I was laying out the cushion on the fabric to see how it looked.  I loved it so we proceeded with the new covers.
I cut a piece slightly larger than the cushion and we stapled the fabric to the cushion, pulling tightly as we went.
We used a screwdriver to poke holes in the fabric to line up the holes in the the base with the holes on the cushions.  I trimmed away any excess fabric.
Then attached the base to the newly covered cushions!
Yay! 
Before and After!
This was a really quick project. I love when something comes together so quickly and easily.
It was also inexpensive, I could have gotten away with less fabric but now I have some left over for a a future project.  The fabric is nice and thick and it has been holding up really well so far.
It might not be the ending you expected but it's a happy one none the less.
Linking up with:
Catch A Glimpse
Thursday Favorite Things
Tuesday To-Do
Pin It

17 comments:

butlersabroad said...

That made a huge difference Heather, I really like the new fabric you chose, fresh and modern but not overwhelming. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

Hugs
Brenda 70

Patsy Paterno said...

Very nice indeed! I agree with Brenda, it certainly made a difference! patsy

Sandy Leigh said...

Wow Heather - I can't believe how awesome that looks! Like new stools! Thanks so much for your sweet visit. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #68

Pam Jackson said...

Great job and I really like the material you used.

Angela Radford said...

Your kitchen looks lovely and the chairs are great, completely transformed.
Thanks for visiting mine and happy crafting, Angela x 50

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what a transformation! Well done!
Glenda #58

Creations By Cindy said...

I love your FIX to the problem stained chairs. The fabric is beautiful! Granny always said, "There are more ways to skin a cat than one". (No harm intended here on cats) Have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Katie said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love how you turned this into a happy ending. And I really really love the fabric you used!

Jules said...

These turned out great and I love the fabric that you chose! Perfect for your kitchen and darker so hopefully they will hide any future stains.

Carla from The River said...

I love it. They look amazing. And you are right on, that was not the ending I was expecting. :-)
Great Job and thank you for the INSPIRATION!

famfa said...

lovely, perfect, what a good job.
famfa 71

Chrysalis said...

They look brilliant, now you've given them a new lease of life. So handy to have an extra pair of hands around for jobs like that though - unless you're an octopus, but then I don't suppose you'd bother with recovering chairs?! Enough waffling - have a great week. Chris # 23

Becky said...

Hahahahaha! You tricky thing! :) that was a great ending to the story!! I absolutely love how this turned out! You kitchen is beautiful by the way :)

Ida said...

Well I must say these look fantastic. Love the fabric you picked out.

Morgan said...

Cute fabric! It looks like you bought brand new stools! I have never recovered chairs or anything before, but it seems like such a great way to refresh them.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Please stop by the website and pick up your "I've Been Featured!" button! Great fabric choice. The stools look brand new!

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

Looks great Heather! Just saw this. I got a visit from someone who found me via you and heard the hack a palooza event heard from Colorado! Thanks for the round about traffic! xo laura

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails