The mantel got a mini makeover with ominous chalkboard bottles and the addition of the composer busts (that remind me of The Haunted Mansion).
The little wooden "Boo" wasn't standing out enough so I took my black Sharpie to it.
Some black birds and a bouquet of black roses and spiders (from Dollar Tree) also intensify the creep factor. I got the Edgar Allen Poe book at a thrift store a few years ago. Most of the pieces on my mantel are from thrift stores.
This unfriendly fellow has been with us for awhile. Sometimes he's out on the front porch rocker to scare people away but I brought him in for a special assignment. The Scrabble tiles spell it out for those who come too close.
The chilling vampire silhouette in the mirror is by Martha (from Michaels-a few years back).
So my previously, mostly creamy mantel went from this....
to this...(creamy to creepy, eh?)
I also creepified our hallway benches in the den. Empty black thrift store frames (one had been on the mantel) now have spiders hanging from them and draw your eye up.
I added in all our black or creepy-ish decorations that I could find.
This "K" bucket was on clearance at Michael's and I can use it year round.
A little sparkle from the glittery skull and silver vases add some light and reflection to the vignette. Do you see the hands under the pumpkins?
They are skeleton hands, sold by the bag, you never know where they'll turn up.
So are you scared yet?
This is about as sinister as it gets around here. It's fun to mix it up a little and show our darker side.
My blog header even got a little Halloween arachnid addition.
Did you notice?
Have a wonderful weekend!
Linking up with:
Whimsy Wednesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Creative Time Out
Weekend Wonders
Point of View-Thrift Store
Link Party Palooza
Linking up with:
Whimsy Wednesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Creative Time Out
Weekend Wonders
Point of View-Thrift Store
Link Party Palooza
Pin It















6 comments:
Oh I love the blackboard bottles and scrabble tiles! :)
Mon Dieu! Please tell me you invite the whole neighborhood to check out this incredible Halloween-themed room (and I am suspecting more rooms in the house got the same treatment?!) It is too good not to share! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)
This looks awesome! Just spooky enough!
All of the black looks great with the white mantle! I especially like the chalkboard bottles and the little guy with the "go away" scrabble sign!
The sparkles add a nice touch to the hallway benches. Even though you said to look for those skeleton hands, they still scared me when I saw them!
I love the spider addition to your header! That is perfect for Halloween!
Lol, I like that in the spirit of Halloween you sacrificed wine bottles.
Bliss
Oh how fun. I love it. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
I love the black bottles! And the rat... just enough creepy factor!! Good Job!!
Post a Comment