Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ireland - Part 7 Bunratty, Cliffs of Moher and Matt Lauer

I promised you Matt Lauer and here he is, but more on him later.
{Hello Handsome!}
First off was our visit to Bunratty Castle's Medieval Banquet.  Can you hear the kilted piper playing?
 We walked over the drawbridge and into the castle where we were offered "the bite of friendship" (mead).

The beautiful grounds.

Enjoying our Bite of Friendship.

We got to explore around the beautiful castle and grounds for a bit and then were called in to hear the story of Bunratty relayed by the butler.   They crown the earl and lady (we were picked as one of the sets of royalty that evening) and then show us to the banquet hall.
We were served a four course meal and entertained by the singers and story tellers.
 It was such a fun evening.

(some of the royalty that evening)

Later that night, we ended up back in the Tack Room with these guys again. I couldn't get enough of them!

The next morning was our trip to the Cliffs of Moher.

Aren't they amazing?

and breathtaking and beautiful.

This rock formation is known as Hag's Head. It's kind of a sad story, you can see her profile in the rocks.
You could walk around the cliffs to get different vantage points.
But were warned not to get to close to the edge!

See, this visitor was not heeding the warning signs and was on the other side of the fence!

While we were there, look who was also there.

I'll give you a minute.....

{cue the angels}
YES, Matt Lauer was filming "Where in The World Is Matt Lauer?" at the Cliffs of Moher when we were there!
He was interviewing this interesting fellow.  His name is David McWilliams and he's quite a celebrity over in Ireland. Our silly tour guides were way more excited about seeing him than Matt.  We got to meet him and he was quite a character.
We also got to meet Matt and talk to him! He was laughing that he was all the way over in Ireland and ran into a bunch of Americans!  We stayed to watch them film the segment and we were IN the segment so were trying to contact people at home to tune in.
 Soooo exciting! Did I tell you this was a trip of a lifetime (and this part was not planned!).
I thought this was going to be the last installment in our Irish Adventure but I have one more.
This was getting too long.
If you want to see more, you can check it all out right here.

Linking up with:



Pin It

29 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Too long? More please! We're vacationing vicariously through you. I'm off to check out the hag.

Mel said...

Swoon! Matt's ok, but look at that view! LOL

Melody said...

Ireland Cool!! I'm glad I found you. I'll have to check out the rest of the posts. I would love to see those cliffs and the castles of Ireland.
We're thinking of doing a trip someday.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I do get a little jealous Heather when I see these fabulous photos. And funny to run into MATT:) He is a cutie!

Kate said...

What a trip! Gorgeous countryside, cliffs and MATT!

Light and Voices said...

Cliffs of Moher are astounding! It looks like you had fun on this tour and meeting Matt Lauer what an experience. Take care. See you next week.
Joyce M

Karissa@Withourbest said...

Great pictures! Isn't the cliffs stunning?! Ireland is one of my most favorite places, and your pictures make me want to go back!!

Ocean Soul said...

Oh man, what a trip of a lifetime! The cliffs are amazing!

Cindy@OldTimePickers said...

Oh, I would love to visit the beautiful countryside of Ireland! Sigh, thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Dropping by from Waltz on By Wednesday. Beautiful photos. What a small world that you would run into Matt Lauer while there. Glad you had fun!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

Kelly L said...

Great story! I love Matt and plan to be outside NBC studios this summer when I visit NYC with my girls.. I think seeing him in Ireland would be much much more fun - way to go!
Beautiful pictures - I am so afraid of heights that I would not be the visitor who climbed over the ropes but the one visitor asking people to take pictures for her..lol
I've Become My Mother

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome castle. Thanks for the tour. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

the 'Trees said...

How fun...Love all the pictures! Now I've got to go back and take a look at Parts 1-6!

Carol said...

Beautiful photos!!!! Hubby wants to travel overseas....wifey isn't cool about the plane ride, but would love to go to Ireland! Thanks for sharing!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Love Matt Lauer!

Beautiful pics, makes me want to go there...

ellen b. said...

So very cool! How wonderful to be able to visit Ireland and see the beauty of that country. What fun to bump into Matt Lauer! Ireland is on our list of places to visit!

NatureGirl said...

That place is amazing! Oh boy did I have such a crush on Matt Lauer in my younger years...Happy AlphabeThursday!

Judie said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful travelogue!!

Mrs. H said...

Ummm what the what?! Matt Lauer?! You lucky lady! He is just yuummmy!

It looks like you had a stellar vacay..so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment about my first trifle...you're right, it is a great thing to learn because it's impressive but not too hard to do!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I never met Matt, but I loved visiting Ireland.

Katrina said...

Beautiful pictures and how cool to meet Matt Lauer?!

I am a new follower and hope you will check out my blog and my first ever giveaways! =]

http://interruptingcowreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-win-this-adorable-wipes-case.html
Thanks!

upinthecosmos said...

Awwwww, this brings back memories! All except Matt Lauer that is:-) In 2003 was lucky enough to go to Ireland & went to all those same places, even attended the dinner. It was awesome! Stop in & read B is for Balkanized

taylorsoutback said...

I must be getting old - the view from those cliffs is far more exciting than a "celebrity." :o) Great pictures and thank you for sharing.

Vicki aka Jake said...

Tip toeing through Alphabethursday posts and so glad I stopped here. What an awesome trip! I'd love to go to Ireland, Matt Lauer or not:) Thanks for showing me something I'll probably never get to see otherwise.
Now I'll go visit the links...

aquariann said...

Wow, what an amazing place! I wish to visit Ireland.

Btw, I'm following from the Weekend Hop and hope you'll come join my Spring Blog Hop, too.

XLMIC said...

AWESOME pics!!!! What a trip :)
Visiting from Weekend Bloghop!

Jenny said...

Awwww...what a lovely trip I had at 2 am, here in my nightgown and glasses that are not fit for human viewing.

What a beautiful place and how fun to watch the filming.

It really looks like a wonderful time was had by all...

Including us armchair travelers.

Thanks for linking.

A+

Jingle said...

Glad to see the lovely nature views.
I bet you have had a smooth sailing.

Katie said...

What an awesome trip! That is so cool that you go to meet Matt Lauer!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails