Tuesday, September 15, 2026

{Garden} Morning Glory Appreciation [And Everything I Planted From Seed]

I've grown morning glories quite a few times but this year they are absolutely taking over and thriving.

This one in the back yard keeps trying to climb the fence over to our neighbors' house.
I'm greeted by these beautiful blooms when I go to yoga in the morning.
They've taken over our Japanese Maple and are climbing the railings of our front porch.


I'm loving all of the different colors we're seeing.
The white blooms are nice...
..deep pinks are eye catching...
...but I really love this deep purple.
The lighter periwinkle is pretty with their darker accents.  
In other flowers planted from seeds news--the cosmos have gone crazy as well. I love cutting them for bouquets.
They've toppled over but are still going strong.
They come in some pretty shades too!


They make me happy!
The naturtiums are just ok, I love their foliage but the flowers don't give much "wow".
I guess I could put them in a salad.


I pruned all of my flowering zinnias last month and they are all about to (hopefully) start blooming again.   I see lots of buds!  I think it was a pretty successful seed sowing year!
Pin It

10 comments:

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How fun to plant all of these flowers from seed. They grew so big and look so colorful outside your home. It's so fun to watch everything grow!

Joanne said...

The deep purple morning glories are gorgeous! Looks like so many of your flowers did so well this year.

Maria Rineer said...

Your flower pictures are gorgeous! I am inspired to plant more flowers from seed next spring!!

Handmade in Israel said...

What a gorgeous explosion of colour! Your morning glories are clearly very happy this year — I especially love that deep purple. And the cosmos are beautiful too.

Gina said...

I love all of those colors against your home - so pretty!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@R thank you!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Joanne it was a good planting year for me!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Maria..that is awesome! I want to plant more next year too!

Carla from The River said...

Heather, I am right with you, our morning glories are making me smile this year. And I love that they keep going strong into September.
xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails