This very old Ikea Borghamn entertainment center has had many lives. We've had it for years and were using it for storage in the back room of our basement in the old house.
But for a time it was also our entertainment center in the finished part of the basement. (Sorry for the dark photo from this 2013 post).The deep drawers are on casters and have a lot of space. I thought the they would work for storing all of my scrapbooks and they did! It was a good placeholder until we found what we wanted.
Enter Ikea Bestå!! We designed the system online and then went to Ikea to buy it. I'm glad we didn't pre-order because we upgraded the doors (to Selsviken high gloss) when we saw the options in person. Of course there were A LOT of boxes to transport home and into the house. We (mostly Mr. Click) assembled the basic squares but figured we should hire a professional for the doors and linking the unit together.We hired TaskRabbit and they were able to come out quickly to complete the job. I highly recommend! We opted for soft close/push open hinges and no knobs for a cleaner look.
We bought two interior shelves but need to go back for some more to really utilize the space. My scrapbooks have a new home but we also have lots more storage!
We kept the upper left side open for some display area and we keep our record player and favorite photo there. We love it!
We bought two interior shelves but need to go back for some more to really utilize the space. My scrapbooks have a new home but we also have lots more storage!
We kept the upper left side open for some display area and we keep our record player and favorite photo there. We love it!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Facebook ourlifeinaclick



6 comments:
Looks good.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
That looks fabulous and I LOVE that they are deep enough to hold scrapbooks. I have a hard time finding enough storage in our house for all my completed scrapbooks and most bookshelves aren't deep enough for them.
WE have closets from Ikea too. Love the shine!
I like it. And I love how deep the storage units are! :-)
The cabinet unit looks great and Mr. Click and you did a great job putting it together!
That looks so lovely!!
Post a Comment