It's been awhile since I posted but I'm back and sharing our moving day experience. We moved last month and have been busy fixing up the new place and exploring the area. Here's how moving day went.
The basement was clearing out and getting packed up.
Willow was being a big help, as usual.
The kitchen was mostly packed but I took a break for some breakfast before the movers arrived.We set up a safe room for Willow during the move and I had one set up for her at the new house too. She wasn't happy about it but it kept us from losing her!
The movers arrived...yes we had some snow.
Our bedroom, about to be packed up.
City Girl #1's bedroom all cleared out.I hung out in here a lot during the move to try and reassure Willow from outside the door and to keep out of the movers' way. Do I look as stressed as I felt?
City Girl #2's room. We sold the buyers' her wall unit.
The empty family room...
...and kitchen.Empty living room!"Someone"cried the entire trip to the new house and hid under the vanity in her new safe room. The move-in was extremely quick and efficient. I think it helped that we had moved a lot of our stuff over the weeks before we moved in and I was pretty organized with the boxes. Then the 'fun' began of unpacking and trying to figure out where everything will fit.
It didn't take long for Miss Willow to come out and explore her new digs (after the movers left of course!)
We went back to the old house a few days later to give it a good cleaning and get rid of any last minute trash, etc. All done cleaning/moving=happy(tired) sellers!
Saying my final farewell to this house. We'll miss it but we're excited for our new home and adventure!!
Pin It
It didn't take long for Miss Willow to come out and explore her new digs (after the movers left of course!)
We went back to the old house a few days later to give it a good cleaning and get rid of any last minute trash, etc. All done cleaning/moving=happy(tired) sellers!
Saying my final farewell to this house. We'll miss it but we're excited for our new home and adventure!!
Phew, sure glad that is OVER!! More house content to come!


















13 comments:
Wow, very cool. I hope that you enjoy your new place and make many memories there.
Yay on having an uneventful move.. I do not envy the unpacking though. Good luck and look forward to see more of the new house.
Yay for getting that all behind you! I am sure the new owners will be very happy there. It is a really lovely house.
Congratulations ! Glad you had so many good memories in your old home and wishing you much health, happiness, and love as you make new memories in your new address. Can't wait to see it all when you unpack!
I know that you must be worn out from all that packing, tossing and just trying to THINK through this process! Girl....you might need a large glass of wine! I do hope that you will enjoy your new home. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Moves are tough so I’m glad it was super efficient. Brilliant idea to close up a room for Willow. Cheers to your new adventures.
Moving is always such a big day!!! Hope you are settled in!!
Heather, yes I agree with Joanne that you had a beautiful home. I am glad the moving day went smoothly. How exciting, I can't wait for more of the posts on your new home.
Hi Heather, you were so smart to have a safe room for Willow at both homes.
I loved your 'old' home... I know the new owners will LOVE it, are they a young family?
I am VERY excited to see and hear all about your new home and community.
Carla
Moving can be so stressful - you made it look fairly straightforward!
Yay for new beginnings.
Stopping by from Talking About It Tuesdays. Moving is so stressful and such a HUGE task. I hope settling in to your new house is going well.
Hi Heather! So exciting. You guys have a great attitude and looking forward to pics of new home! xo laura
Post a Comment