Tuesday, April 11, 2023

{Field Trip} Candle Making

We had a candle making Groupon date that was about to expire so of course we couldn't let that happen. We didn't know what to expect when we got there.

We were seated around a bar and given a clipboard to write down the scents we liked from this huge candle wall. We had to pick 8 scents...and not all similar ones. 
These were the 8 that I selected. They give the corresponding oils and you squeeze the bottles (there's a technique so you don't get it in your eyes) to mix the scents to your liking. 

Mr. Click selected R & B, Christoff and Rain. I selected Anjou Pear, Baked Bread and Rosemary.

We then mixed the scented oils together in this little cup.  They bring you over a candle tin with melted wax in it and you add the oils to the wax.  
You have to stir them together for about 2 minutes.  

Then you add the wick and let the wax harden. While you wait, you make a label for your candle.   Once the candles are ready, they are packed up in a cute bag for you with some candle care and burning information. They tell you to wait at least 24 hours before burning your candle for a stronger candle scent. 
My sentiments exactly!
It was such a fun and different activity. Have you done candle making before?

Please follow me!

Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Pin It

6 comments:

Carla from The River said...

I have not made candle's like this. I did make taper candles at an Heritage Event.
Did you like the fragrance that you created?

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, I've never made a candle. That looks like such a fun activity to do with your husband. I love the candle scents and it sounds like a lot of fun.

csuhpat1 said...

Never have done it. Sounds like a great time. Very nice.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Hi Heather,
Oh my gosh, my girlfriends and I are planning to do this too! There is a similar place in downtown Denver. Finally made it to Trader Joe's and was thinking of you! Thank you for your sweet comment. We leave this morning to attend the funeral in Columbus. xo xo laura

Tamar SB said...

That is so cool!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I would love to do this! I keep saying that I am going to try my hand at candle making but have not done so yet. I need to learn how to make my own as we love candles. Marty worse than me! That man loves him a good smelling candle! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails