Wednesday, September 14, 2022

{Field Trip} A Sunday in Philly- Lunch, Cats & Betsy Ross House

 We had an impromptu day in Philly last month. We dropped "the kids" (City Girl 2 and her bf) off at a music festival and decided to spend a little time enjoying the city.

Our first stop was Cuba Libre in Old City for lunch (and a pineapple mojito for me).
We started with the chips and assorted dips appetizer.
I had the black bean soup and it was delish!
After lunch we headed out to just walk around and ended up at Betsy Ross House.
We didn't go inside but walked around the courtyard and gift shop.
There were a few plaques and signs to read and of course a flag to pose with.
Of course I had to get a photo of this cat fountain but there was no plaque on it so I asked in the gift shop about it.  It was just donated to the site, the cats didn't have anything to do with Betsy Ross.
Another view of the cats and courtyard.
We walked some more and I had to stop and admire this late summer garden.  We were passing The Book Trader book store and went inside this time.

I was on a search for Mr. Pickles, their cat. He was upstairs in a very warm section of the store snoozing away! He was not bothered by anything going on around him.  What a cutie! 
Do you know who Betsy Ross was (no Googling!).


Please follow me!

Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Pin It

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you and Mr. Click had a nice day in Philly. The lunch looked good and same for the drinks. Betsy Ross made the US flag.

Joanne said...

That sounds like a fun day! I do know who Betsy Ross is; my grandmother gifted me a bunch of Madame Alexander dolls when I was a kid and my whole collection was about women of history-- Betsy Ross was one of my favorite dolls.

Ann said...

What a nice day! All the time spent in Philly ( especially at the Constitution Center on Middle School Field Trips) but never made it to the Besty Ross House. It is now on our list ! Thanks!

Carla from The River said...

Hee Hee, yes I do know who Betsy Ross was. I have a T-shirt of the flag.

Oh, I just love your travel posts. Thank you for finding and sharing Mr. Pickles.
xx oo
Carla

Tamar SB said...

What a fun tasty day!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh what fun you had girl. Love the pictures. The food looks amazing. Love looking at your travel pictures. Hugs and blessing, Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails