Thursday, January 13, 2022

{Recipe} Coconut Butterballs & Ruby Sparklers

 This is a recipe we made every Christmas and I don't think I've had them anywhere else.  You mix up one batch of dough and can make endless combinations.


See how beat up (well loved) the recipe is!  I was able to easily vegan-ize it by swapping out the butter and using vegan chocolate chips.  I only made a half recipe here but the full recipe is below.

Ingredients:
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter - I used vegan 
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
candied cherries (in the baking section)
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2- 1 cup chocolate chips
decorating sugar and sprinkles

To make:
  • Sift flour and salt into a bowl
  • Cream butter with sugar until fluffy

  • Add sifted flour mixture a third at a time, mixing well into a stiff dough. 
  • Divide dough in half (optional)
  • Press  half of dough, a teaspoon at a time around a cherry 


  • Shape into a small ball


  • Roll in coconut

  • With other half of dough, wrap a small amount of dough around some chocolate chips and roll in sprinkles or decorating sugar.

  • I used some vegan white chocolate chips too
  • Mix and match fillings and toppings to your heart's delight-they are all yummy!


  • Place on cookie sheet and bake at 325ºF for 25 minutes, or until firm
  • Remove carefully from cookie sheet to cooling rack and allow to fully cool before storing in an air tight container.  They will keep for 2-3 weeks.


What's your favorite holiday cookie?

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How fun to make these cookies for Christmas and make them vegan. I will pin this cookie recipe.

csuhpat1 said...

They look so very yummy.

Ann said...

These look great - saving the recipe for next year. Would make them sooner but trying to lose this year's cookie pounds !!! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea Nine said...

These are so stinking cute and I bet so yummy!

Rajani Rehana said...

So yummy and tasty ��

R's Rue said...

Yum. I want some now.

Bindu said...

looks so yummy!

Tamar SB said...

Those sound delicious!

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh yum. These look great! Love how you can customize them.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

One word for these: yum! Pinning shortly!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails