It's been minute since I've been here on the blog but I'm back! I was down with a nasty virus but I'm on the mend and feeling better. Back to Italy!
We started our second day in Florence bright and early. We had priority entry tickets to the Galleria Della'Accademia.We were early for our tickets but they let us in (good to know!) and we didn't have to wait. Everyone is there to see Michelangelo's David and it truly is breathtaking in person. Photos don't do it justice.
We explored the rest of the museum for awhile.
We were fascinated by the Medici family.
After the museum we decided to walk to the Piazzale Michelango for what we read was the best view of Florence.
We stopped for some more Duomo pics first.
This was quite a challenging walk up many stairs (you can also get there by car) but it was worth it.It really did have the most amazing views of Florence.
This was a common site in Italy-a few tables set up outside of a restaurant for outdoor seating.
That afternoon we had our wine tasting in Tuscany.
We were on a small group tour of the Chianta region (about 35 minutes outside of Florence).This was the first vineyard on the tour.
It was such a dreamy location.
We got to tour the grounds and main house.
The gardens were spectacular.We learned a lot about Chianti wines and got to sample a few while enjoying some snacks as well.
They took us to the second vineyard and we got to see where they keep the wines in the basement.
More tasting!
This was one of our favorite days in Italy!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Pin It






















14 comments:
I am enjoying the blog posts of your trip to Italy. Florence is such a beautiful place to visit and you took such nice photos.
Such a Beautiful tour. I love seeing the photos. Glad to hear you are recovering from that virus. Happy December.
What a wonderful day.. beautiful pictures. You two look so happy :)
I would love to return to Florence and see more - your post brought back some good memories!
Jeanne at https://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2019/12/new-york-christmas-windows-part-2.html
I think this would be a favorite day for me as well.
Happy you are feeling better.
Love, Carla
Those statues are so amazing!
I’m so sorry you’re sick, I hope you’re feeling much better now! I have a picture almost similar to the one in Florence with the bridges. Such an enchanting region for sure!
Lovely photos Heather. Italy is somewhere I would really like to go. Sorry about the link up. I have had a lot of problems with my old linky and it has made the blog hops not as fun because a lot of features have been going wrong. I am trailing a new one out but can only have up to 50 people on until I decide if I want to pay yearly so if your around the next few days i might bring the blog hops back and see how we go :)
Hi Heather, thanks for the email. I'm not having much luck with my blog lately am I!! Get one thing sorted and something else goes wrong. Ha!! Just replying on my phone to see if my name comes up here. Thanks for letting me know I will have a look into this.
Beautiful.
Oh I do hope and pray that you are feeling much better Heather. I had a touch of some funk several weeks ago and my mercy! Seems it takes me forever to get rid of the hacking part! Loving the pictures. Watched a movie just last night about Rome in Italy and I thought about you with going to Italy. WOW...such an amazing trip. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Thanks so much for linking up Heather :) #TheWednesdayLinkUp
So glad you're feeling better! Those are some spectacular views and I love the feeling of the Tuscany villa photos; it reminds me of just about every Tuscany movie/book I've ever seen.
Best article on Florence. Keep it up! I hope you will check out 25 Best Online Travel Guides.
Post a Comment