Monday, December 9, 2019

{Travel} Day 10-Venice: Rialto Bridge/Doge's Palace/Gondola Ride

Well, we've made it to our last full day in Italy.
If you need to start from the beginning, click here.
OOTD:
Striped  Flutter top:LOFT
Shorts: Lou & Grey tie waist shorts LOFT
Sandals:  Birkenstock
 We started our day with the hotel breakfast buffet.
 We sat outside in this tiny courtyard.
 On our way to the Doge's Palace we crossed the Rialto Bridge.

At the Doge's Palace.
 We did the audio walking tour and it was so helpful.
 The place is huge and every room is full of amazing pieces.


 The view of the canal from the palace.
Some of the rooms were so massive!  We had a great day there.
 After all of that walking and learning it was time for a cappuccino break.
 We walked some more to get this pizza shop that always had a line whenever we walked by.  It was worth it!
One last gelato for our last day in Italy.
 Nighttime OOTD:
Shirt:Anthropologie
Linen Drawstring Pants:  JCrew
We had to try a gondola ride since we were in Venice.
 Looking for a gondola driver.

 We found one!
 Seeing Venice by gondola is definitely a different view and so peaceful.

 This is where they make and fix the gondolas.

The sun was starting to set and it was so beautiful.  
We were so lucky to see Venice before the devastating flooding that recently took place.  It's so sad to see the photos of Venice under water.
 Our last dinner in Italy.
I'd say it was our best trip yet!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

7 comments:

R's Rue said...

I miss Venice.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You got some great photos of Venice. It's so awesome that you and your husband were able to take such a nice long vacation in Italy together. I enjoy reading and looking at the photos of your trip!

Claire Justine said...

I would love to visit. I have always wanted to go on a gondola. I bet you had an amazing trip :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, Heather. Hope your having a lovely week.

Tamar SB said...

Such a gorgeous city! The flooding is so sad!

csuhpat1 said...

So very beautiful. Very lovely.

Jill Harrison said...

We were in Venice last year, but were on a tour, so quick quick to see everything, and I think our gondola ride was a little different to yours. But it had to be done. Venice is a beautiful city and we would have loved to have stayed longer. Happy travels. I enjoyed reading your post and meeting you over on "Randomosity" today.

Carla from The River said...

It was a lot of fun Heather! Thank you for the tour.
It is so sad about the flooding. I saw some recent footage of it.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails