This is the perfect "cake" to make in the summer because you don't have to turn on your oven. It's all done in the crock pot and you literally just dump the ingredients in and turn it on. It uses frozen fruit so you can have that tropical taste all year long.
I found the recipe here and just tweaked it because I couldn't find any sugar free cake mix so I improvised and made my own.
Ingredients:
3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
2 cups frozen mango chunks
1 1/2 TBS cornstarch
3 packets of no calorie sweetener (I use Zing stevia)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2-1 cup sugar (I used Swerve sweetener)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp coconut extract
optional toppings: shredded coconut, whipped topping
2 cups frozen mango chunks
1 1/2 TBS cornstarch
3 packets of no calorie sweetener (I use Zing stevia)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2-1 cup sugar (I used Swerve sweetener)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp coconut extract
optional toppings: shredded coconut, whipped topping
To make:
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray
- Add fruit, cornstarch and sweetener and stir to combine
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients (flour through coconut extract) and stir until mostly smooth
- Transfer cake batter to crock pot and spread over the fruit
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until topping is golden brown and firm
- Enjoy hot, warm or chilled (makes 8 servings)
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick




6 comments:
Yum! Heaven in a bowl right there! It looks so yummy
I pinned. Thank you.. yum!
This dessert sounds so good and perfect to make in the crock pot! Thanks for the recipe to make it. I pinned and I will give this a go sometime.
So yummy!
Sounds so good. Pretty too.
Yum! This looks so good Heather :) Thanks for sharing at Be Brave Be Bold Be You: Creative Mondays Link Up, hope to see you tomorrow for our next blog hop :)
Post a Comment