Monday, August 7, 2017

{Travel} Birthday in NYC

We had a little trip to NYC to help our city girl move into her new place. 
 It also happened to be the hub's birthday (he's a good sport!).
We drove into the city which was quite an experience #terrifying.  It was helpful to have a car for the move though.
 She moved into an apartment in Brooklyn with this view from the rooftop deck.
This looks like a great place for parties! 


After getting her stuff moved in, we explored the neighborhood and found a place for lunch.  That's my veggie burger.
Traveling back to our hotel....I was happy to have the car parked!
Darling daughter met us at the hotel and we checked out the rooftop bar at our hotel. The view was beautiful but the atmosphere was too clubby and loud.
At the NYX store in Union Square.  Dinner was at Ellary's Greens and so good!


She introduced us to Van Leeuwen ice cream.  I got vegan cookie crumble with strawberry jam!
 After our girl went back to her place, we walked around the city.
 So pretty at night!
 Love that sky!
Birthday selfie!

The next morning we were on our own for a bit.




It was a rainy morning so we went to Chelsea Market.
 We met our daughter for lunch at By Chloe. I was so excited to finally get to eat there!  I was so overwhelmed with the choices but settled on the pesto meatball sub AND the mac and cheese with shitake mushroom bacon.  All VEGAN! Also that strawberry lemonade was delicious!
The food was amazing and lived up to all of my high expectations!   This is my daughter's quinoa taco salad and hubby's fries.


We didn't have to rush home so we lingered in the city awhile longer. I've always wanted to go to Fishs Eddy(a dish superstore) and found one while we were out exploring.
 The weather improved and we walked around Union Square Park.
Then it was time to head home so we went back to our hotel and got our car.
 Just getting to the Holland Tunnel took over an hour and it was quite nerve wracking! I was relieved when we finally made it to the turnpike for "normal" traffic.  I love New York but we'll leave the car at home next time!!

Linking up:

Pin It

6 comments:

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

You were brave but I can see the necessity. I really enjoyed my long weekend in NYC. This brought back memories.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Definitely brave to bring the car! Looks like a really fun adventure! Your yummy ice cream and lunches/dinners looked so good!

Tamar SB said...

So much fun!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, I would love to visit. Looks like a great time, lovely pictures.

Carla from The River said...

You were very brave to take the car. You are superheros for driving in the city. ;-)
I always enjoy your trip photos and the food!
Carla

Dawn Gross said...

Driving into the city is a nightmare, but the rest sound fun!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails