Monday, December 15, 2014

{Travel} Weekend Update in NYC Part 2

I'm picking up where we left off last week, catch up here.
It's always nice waking up in NYC.
Free breakfast at the hotel is also nice.
Those potatoes were out of this world!


We strolled down to Bryant Park which looked like a winter wonderland.
Getting arty in black and white. 
Spies or celebs?
There was an ice skating rink set up in middle of the park.
Skating rink selfie!
The park was also hosting a Winter Market with lots of vendors (this one had tons of tote bags with funny sayings).
We did a little shopping and continued our walk to MOMA.
Have you ever seen these spray paint artists? They are mind blowing. Google them!
A quick look at St. Patrick's Cathedral (open during renovations) along the way.
These two hadn't been to the MOMA yet (see my last visit here).
It was my second time and I still don't think I saw everything.

We had lunch at Cafe 2 in the MOMA, always delicious!
There was a new Matisse exhibit that we got to see after lunch, but no photos were allowed.
We ended our day in the overwhelming and amazing MOMA store and this pretty much sums up how I(and my feet) felt. Then it was back to the hotel and onto the train home.
A fast trip but a good one! Until next time NYC....



Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Pin It

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I so want to see that Matisse exhibit!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Such an amazing trip, I think I would spend hours at that Winter Market, how fun! Looks like an amazing trip!

Becky said...

I bet the city is beautiful at Christmas time, of course I think every city is beautiful at Christmas :) spies or celebs, maybe both!!

Love Of Quilts said...

Have a Merry Christmas.

Carla from The River said...

Fun! Thank you for sharing with us.
I am back from Chicago. Still posting some pics on Instagram of my trip because I could not do it all over the weekend. HA! Always on the move.
Hope to be back to blogging next week. Wanted to say Hi and wish you a great trip. So excited to go along with you on Instagram and your blog.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas,
Carla

Jules said...

It is awesome that you are close enough to make these quick trips to NYC....I would love that. That B&W photo is amazing.....and I am going to go with celebs!

carol l mckenna said...

NYC is always so exciting and you got great shots and had a lovely time!

Happy Holidays,
artmusedog and carol

Betty said...

Looks like fun. I grew up in a suburb of NYC but we rarely went to anything there. My parents took us to Florida every year, Canada, California, etc., but rarely to the things close to home. I do remember going to Radio City Music Hall and the rodeo at Madison Square Garden. I would have loved Christmas in NYC. Thanks for sharing.

Annesphamily said...

Oh I love art! I have zero artistic talent but so enjoy the h=creative heart of others. I loved those street artists with the spray paint! Our youngest daughter bought a print for her friend. I am so sorry I did not. I need to go back and buy one! What a wonderful talent. I would love to go to the Art Museum. I loved our trip to NYC last March. Our youngest son ran at the Amory. Our oldest son had gone to the SUper Bowl earlier in the year and he mastered the subway system. We had such a blast. I really want to go back. Love all your cool photos. Come visit soon and have a great weekend. Hugs, Anne

storybeader said...

Lucky you to be in NYC and get to go to MOMA in December. The B&W photo is great - looks like it was taken in the '60s! Enjoy the holidays {:-Deb

Brona Joy said...

Living in Australia, getting to NY regularly is not something I can expect, but my one visit in 2007 was fabulous!
We also loved MOMA, although we didn't stop at the cafe...next time :-)

Jim said...

Hi Heather, don't we just love NYC in the winter. In the winter we like to see the little lake frozen over where Santa landed his sleigh in the movie, Elf.

I loved seeing your picture of Van Gogh's painting, "The Olive Trees.
Here is a link to a post I made from St. Remy, where Van Gogh committed himself after cutting off his ear. The link, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2007/03/this-is-day-lord-has-made-let-us.html I took a picture of the olive garden beside the sanitarium where he was with the little Les Alpilles, mountain of Chateau des Baux de Provence in the background. His painting to compare is titled "Olive Trees with Yellow Sky."
..

Jenny said...

Hi Heather.

I love NY in the summer. Used to do shows at Javitz in January and it was always exciting exploring.

I got my Christmas cards from the museum this year. It would have been fun to pick them out in person!

Thanks for an exciting link for the letter E.

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails