Sweet summer corn and ripe tomatoes tossed with whole wheat pasta, green onions, red peppers and feta. Sounds like the perfect summer dinner, doesn't it?
It was!
I found this recipe in Taste of Home (June/July 2013). Their recipe called for whole wheat fettuccine but I couldn't find any so I swapped it out for whole wheat linguine.
This is a quick summer dish, so quick, that I didn't even take any pictures during the preparation.
Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta of your choice
2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed (I used 3)
2 tsp. plus 2 TBS olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper (I used 1 pepper)
4 green onions, chopped (I used the whole bunch)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used less than 1 cup)
2 TBS minced fresh parsley (optional, I didn't use this)
1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, adding corn during last 8 minutes of cooking. (Great time saver!)
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
3. Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and remaining oil and pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley (if using).
Serve immediately.
(Makes 4 servings)
(Makes 4 servings)
Linking up with:
Pin It



4 comments:
O my does it ever sound good, just what I like.
What a delightful meal! It is always nice to see a little of everything as I catch up with my reading today! Have a great weekend!
Oh yum!!! This looks delicious! And I just got almost all of these things at the farm stand today!
Oh yum!!! This looks delicious! And I just got almost all of these things at the farm stand today!
Post a Comment