Tuesday, September 28, 2021

{The Abode} Living Room Gallery Wall

 

This is another project that I don't know what took us so long to complete it. I've been wanting to add a gallery wall of photos to this room forever!  After we had the wood floors installed I felt it was time to finally make it happen.  It took us a few hours and was not as challenging as I thought it would be.

We got the Ribba frames from Ikea and ordered the prints from my photo lab White House Custom Color.  We needed a few tools to get started: level, hammer, painter's tape, ruler, tape measure, calculator and a small screwdriver for opening the frames.
We figured out where we wanted the gallery wall to fit on the wall and made a center line down the middle with painter's tap.  We also arranged the photos on the floor to see what kind of spacing we wanted between the photos.
I think he's making sure our center line is level.
We did some calculations and put painter's tape where we wanted the next rows of photos to go.   We tested out the next row down.
*One tip is to also measure the frames because they can be off a little from what is on the packaging.*  We figured out where the frame would  hang from on the back and used that measurement to add our picture hanging nails to the wall right through the painter's tape.
These were the nails we used.
More checking for level placement of the nails.
After we had all the nails in, we hung the frames to make sure we liked the spacing.
Then we took them all down and added the photos before hanging them up on the wall.  We arranged them how we thought they looked best to our eyes.  It was so hard to narrow it down to nine photos but we can always change out the photos or add more later.
We are thrilled with how it turned out and how it ties the room together now. You can see our Staircase Gallery Wall here.

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

                                                            Linking  up: 

 Good Random Fun






Pin It

9 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow! Heather I am impressed at the great job you and your husband did with the gallery wall of pictures. It looks great and thanks for showing us how to do it. We have trouble just putting up one picture! LOL!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Lovely!! Great way to display your memories!

Andrea Nine said...

It’s perfect. You did a great job.

Tamar SB said...

Looks great!! You were so technical and fancy! I just hope things are straight as I toss things up on my gallery walls (:

Creations By Cindy said...

I love this idea. It looks wonderful. I started a few years ago displaying each years favorite family beach pictures and my family has enjoyed that as they get to see them every time they come to my house. Each year I change them out to reflect the new beach trip. I love this idea with your travel pics Heather. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

R's Rue said...

Looks great my friend.

csuhpat1 said...

Wow, so very nice. Looks great.

Carla from The River said...

Fantastic. I love it. :-)

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

I love the photo wall Heather and what's great is with the width of that room and couch you can add photos to the ends!

Great tutorial! It's on my list to update a few! Happy Fall! We just got back from our NE trip! laura

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails