Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020 & Easy Cranberry Sauce

Thanksgiving was a lot different this year but it was still one of my favorite holidays.

Last year we had 33 people and this year we only had 5 but it felt like I made just as many things- just in smaller amounts.
I started a few days  early by cutting up the bread and covering it so it could get stale for the stuffing.
Two days before,   I shopped for flowers and produce. I was trying to coordinate the flowers with this old family china that I never get to use. 


I also broke out this old recipe from a Hallmark brochure. It is the easiest cranberry sauce ever.


 I adjusted mine a little bit this year, using an 8 oz bag of fresh cranberries instead of a 12 oz bag and cutting the sugar down.  I used 1/2 cup of pure cane sugar. 

I think it's such a smart idea to toast the walnuts on top of the baking cranberry/sugar mixture in the last 15-20 minutes of baking (see recipe notes).

I used about 8 ounces of orange marmalade and the juice of 1/2 lemon. I also added a dash of vanilla extract.  After it was all mixed up, I put it in a serving dish and wrapped it up tightly then refrigerated it  until Thanksgiving.
I made a double batch of this I Can't Believe It's Vegan Gravy.  It's always a winner!
This Best Vegan  Broccoli Salad Ever is a favorite and I can make it a day ahead which is a bonus!
I also prepped this Vegan Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Tart.

Here was our little table for Thanksgiving.   We did a test run to see how it would all look the night before.

On the day of we made everything else. Of course Mr. Click made  the mashed potatoes.
City Girl made the dinner rolls (her version came out way better than ours did, look how fluffy!).
We broke open the Trader Joe's Cranberry Secco. 
I wasn't going to do any appetizers but I made a tiny charcuterie.
Some delicious veggies roasting in the oven (also made by City Girl).

The stuffed Gardein roast was so good (and easy--just bake and eat!).
Here's my vegan version of Pioneer Woman's Stuffing/Dressing.
 A little bit of the buffet(my mother in law brought the turkey).
My plate(s) of goodness.
It was all so yummy! After dinner I popped the tart in the oven and made the salted caramel sauce for the top.
We served it with ice cream.   How was your Thanksgiving?

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:






Pin It

11 comments:

R's Rue said...

Yum

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
I love how you chose flowers to go with the beautiful china. It looks beautiful.
I love all the candles too.
I am a fan of cranberries, so I will try your recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Carla

Tamar SB said...

What a tasty meal - love your table scape!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with all of that good food. All the decorations look so festive too. Have a nice weekend Heather.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like a very yummy feast. Very nice.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Gosh!! That all looks so very delicious! I would love to eat it all!

Terra Heck said...

All of that food looks super delicious!

Andrea Nine said...

What a wonderful meal and I love any good cranberry sauce! Happy Weekend

Hena Tayeb said...

All that food looks delicious. Love the flowers in the China.
We treated it pretty much like any other day.. it was just the four of us, we made lasange instead because the boys love it and M doesn't like Turkey. We lazed about, played board games and watched movies. It was kinda perfect.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Your Christmas setting looks lovely! How magical!

Creations By Cindy said...

I am playing catch up today blogging and girl, you had my mouth watering with you lovely meal. It was crazy this year I am sure with having so many prior and not that many this year. That is how it was with our family. Was really just sad but....we had so very much to be thankful for! Loving that cranberry recipe too. I am the only one in my family that likes it so it is rarely bought much less made. But I do love it. Hugs and blessings Heather Lou.
Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails