This is the pie I made for Thanksgiving. It looked delicious, different and not too difficult. It wasn't your typical Thanksgiving pie but I knew there'd be a few of them at our dinner.
It's also a freezer pie so I could make it advance. You can find the recipe here.
The salted caramel layer-YUM! It's a blend of soaked medjool dates, almond butter, coconut oil, almond milk and salt.
It spreads nicely over the crust.
Already looking good!
Then it's time for the chocolate mousse topping: Melted chocolate, coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil.
It looked a little lumpy when I spread it on the caramel filling but it tasted great. I froze the pie uncovered and once it was frozen I wrapped it in a few layers of cling wrap and put it back in the freezer.
Here it is on Thanksgiving with the other desserts.And my piece. It was rich and decadent. So good! The pie stays pretty soft even when frozen and you can refreeze the leftovers. Great, right out of the freezer!
Let's keep in touch!










6 comments:
If I could reach through the computer!!
Isn't the costco almond butter delicious?
Oh my! It sounds great.
I like that it freezes well.
Carla
I love a good frozen pie! This looks great!
Oh Heather, this looks and sounds so good!! I'd love a piece right now.
Have a nice weekend. Julie xo
So it's a keeper recipe, I better pin it.
This sounds so delicious!
Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!
Post a Comment