My daughter and I have been addicted to Starbucks iced coffee all summer.
But it gets expensive at $2-$3 a pop.
One of us saw Pioneer Woman's iced coffee "method" so we gave it a try.
We didn't have a two gallon container handy so we halved the recipe.
You can see the full directions here.
Add 1/2 pound of good coffee to one gallon of water and let sit overnight.
In the morning (or 8+ hours later) strain the mixture over a fine sieve lined in paper towel (first) and a few layers of cheese cloth (second).
Pour all of it through and push down the grinds to squeeze out all that caffeine-y goodness.
We used a large pot for this.
We cleaned out the pitcher and poured the strained coffee back into it.
Now it's ready! You can store it in the fridge.
Add ice to a glass and pour in the coffee.
Fix it the way you like it.
Stir and enjoy!
A whole gallon costs about the same as one Starbucks beverage.
Linking up with:
Totally Tuesday
K.I.S.S.
Tea Time Thursday
What's Cookin' Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Recipe Link Party
Sweets For Saturday
Pin It
A whole gallon costs about the same as one Starbucks beverage.
Linking up with:
Totally Tuesday
K.I.S.S.
Tea Time Thursday
What's Cookin' Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Recipe Link Party
Sweets For Saturday










14 comments:
Hi Heather and thanks for the great tip :)
oooh! I need to make room in my fridge for this! Not that this preggo lady needs all that caffeine, but still, it looks so yummy!
Always good when you can save a buck or $30.
What a great tip! It looks so yummy.Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
This sounds and looks delicious. I think you just put Starbucks out of business! lol! :)
I've done this before and it turns out great. It takes some planning ahead but so worth it. Especially when you consider what a rip-off iced coffee is - half of it is ice! Thanks for posting this.
Great idea! I agree with Heather, a lot of ice is added to the iced coffee. :( Way to make it at home!
What a good idea! I love iced coffee too!! I think ill try this!
I'm totally craving iced coffee, now. I'll have to give this a try.
I've seen this on Pioneer Woman and wondered how it would come out- thanks for letting me know, now I've gotta try it! :-}
I just saw this on Pioneer Woman's site a week ago and have been playing around with making it too! Love it!
That's awesome. My hubby loves iced coffee so I'll have to try this.
Nothing's better than home-made stuff, especially when it's as good as the stuff available in stores.
Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html
Way to go in making your own chilly concoction. This made the Top 5 for last week's Sweets for a Saturday. Congrats!!
Post a Comment