Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Summer Wrap Up

This post started out as a July Wrap Up then an August Wrap Up but since it's the middle of September already, it's going to be an all-encompassing Summer Wrap Up.
Our summer started off with a bang when we headed to Disney World over Memorial Day Week.  
The best part had to be our surprise upgrade to Concierge Level at Disney's Polynesian Resort.
It was also so exciting to see the NEW Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom!
My 8-Part Series starts here.
When we got back home, I was able to do a few crafts like this
We celebrated my husband's birthday with a trip to the Spy Exhibit at the Franklin Institute 
and his favorite White Chocolate Chip Fruit Tart. Recipe can be found here.
I got to meet up with College Girl in NYC for a few days and we packed a lot in!
 From the Chelsea High Line and Chelsea Market to Broadway and from Central Park
to the MOMA.  It was non-stop!
Part 3 and Part 4 can be read here.
July was busy with Miss Middle School preparing for her Summer Stock show--Grease! So much fun and a wonderful show too!
I got excited over some stools, like this set from Ikea.
 
I whipped up some new veggie-rific recipes.

I even tried this fun trick!
I took a Girls Trip to The Hamptons with my daughters.
We squeezed in so much in just a few short days and so many great memories!
Before I knew it, College Girl was home for a few weeks before she had to go back to school so we had to fit a lot into those precious days (while the living room temporarily looked like this) again.
 We grilled lots of veggies!
 and some fruit too!  
We shopped (a lot), went out to eat (a lot)...
 

 and even got to the beach as a family.

We made the most of our time by sunning, shopping, board-walking and
 eating at our favorite restaurant The Bashful Banana.
  Their hummus is divine as are their Banana Whips (that I dream about all winter).
 

It all went too quickly!  I call this one his Baywatch shot.
A family selfie.

Then, it was time to drive College Girl back to school and get her moved into her new place.
 We did some sight seeing while she was busy moving in Freshman and reconnecting with her friends.
We discovered some really awesome falls!

 

We did manage to have a few meals with her and tour the city a bit. 
 This isn't a bad view when you're walking to classes, is it?
 Then one last meal at a favorite Mexican place in town....
and it was the end of our trip (and the end of the trail).
Summer's all wrapped up now!
What's your favorite summer memory?
Linking up with:
The Paper Mama
What I Whipped Up Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Too Cute Tuesday

Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

You guys had an amazing summer!!

Katie said...

What an amazing summer!

That upgrade that you got at Disney was so cool!

And I love all the crafts you did - especially the porch makeover and the bunting!

You guys went on so many cool trips! Manhattan and the Hamptons are two of my favorite places. But I think I'm most jealous of your trip to the beach!

I forgot that I got two of my favorite recipes from you this summer - the lasagna and the waffle iron tater tots. Seriously, those tater tots were so good! Just thinking about them is making me hungry!

Oh man...now I need to plan a trip to Target for tater tots to make waffles with...

lindalou said...

Um...wow. Busy summer. Looks like it was fun. I'm impressed you remembered it all.

Jules said...

What an amazing summer....so many great trips and great memories!!! Have you started scrapping yet???

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a great summer you have had! and can i tell you my mouth is watering- all of the recipes! veggie cobbler!!! grilled pineapple with raspberry sauce!! get in mah belly!

Bliss said...

This post made me hungry and realize I didn't do much this summer!

Becky said...

Wow, this was quite the post Heather! I loved every second, recapping your wonderful summer :) you have such a beautiful family.

Life with Kaishon said...

It really sounds like you had the most fantastic summer possible. I love that your daughter was in Grease! How cool is that? I keep trying to convince Kaishon to try out for the play. I hope I succeed this year. He is a great actor.

I want to go to the Bashful Banana because the name is so cool. I am going to look it up right now.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails