Tuesday, August 6, 2013

{Travel} NYC with My Girl-Night 2

and her dad...
We met up with this guy later at the hotel (after two full days --if you want to read about our adventures you can click here and here.)  It was the last night with College Girl and we wanted to go out for a nice dinner.   She picked Peacefood Cafe -a vegan kitchen and bakery.  
We took a cab to their cute downtown location.
I'm still dreaming about the amazing meal we had there! We started out with these mildly spicy chick pea fries served with a house dipping sauce.


My entree was the "cheeseburger special".  It was the best burger I've ever eaten (and it was all vegan!). It had so many toppings on it, I can't remember them all but there were sprouts, caramelized onions, and avocado among other things.
College Girl had been craving Caesar salad and she was able to get that as her side to her raw lasagna.
The lasagna was: zucchini, mushrooms, walnut cheese, spinach basil mix and tomato sauce.
 The Mister got a grilled vegetable pizza.
 For dessert we shared this awesome strawberry shortcake. 
After dinner, we had to get our daughter to the train station and we waited with her until her train arrived. We were still so full that we decided to walk back to the hotel from the train station.  
 Here's our attempt at a selfie in the city.
I had to snap a photo of this window to text to my daughter. We both love all things Missoni.
The hubs and I had one more day in the city but I will share that with you tomorrow.
Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with:
Pin It

10 comments:

mail4rosey said...

That meal does look ABSOLUTELY amazing!

Tamar SB said...

Yum!!! That sounds amazing, as a dairy free vegetarian I must put that on my list! Have you ever been to Zen Palate - highly recommend!

camp and cottage living said...

Fabulous memories you and you daughter have made!
Who knew Vegan was actually delicious?

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

goodness, that food looks delish!

Are we going to hear about the last day with your hubby? lol, just kidding, some things are not for sharing, right?

Dawn said...

Dinner looked yum! Chick pea fries - super yum!

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! The food looks great! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jules said...

That food looks amazing....chick pea fries....YES, PLEASE!!!!!!

Becky said...

Oh man, that meal looks delicious! What a fun night!

Katie said...

Wow! That dinner looks awesome! Chick pea fries?! I need to find a recipe for that! Like...right now...I'll be back, I'm off to pinterest!

Ida said...

Sounds and looks like you have really been enjoying your time with your daughter. What an interesting restaurant. I'm not Vegan or Vegetarian though so not sure how much I'd enjoy it. The Chick Pea fries sounded good and that dessert...yum!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails