Friday, July 19, 2013

{Recipe}Fresh Tomato and Corn Linguine

Sweet summer corn and ripe tomatoes tossed with whole wheat pasta, green onions, red peppers and feta. Sounds like the perfect summer dinner, doesn't it?
 It was!

I found this recipe in Taste of Home (June/July 2013). Their recipe called for whole wheat fettuccine but I couldn't find any so I swapped it out for whole wheat linguine.

This is a quick summer dish, so quick, that I didn't even take any pictures during the preparation.
Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta of your choice
2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed (I used 3)
2 tsp. plus 2 TBS olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper (I used 1 pepper)
4 green onions, chopped (I used the whole bunch)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used less than 1 cup)
2 TBS minced fresh parsley (optional, I didn't use this)

1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, adding corn during last 8 minutes of cooking. (Great time saver!)
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
3. Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl.  Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta.   Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and remaining oil and pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley (if using).  
Serve immediately.
(Makes 4 servings)
Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with:
Pin It

4 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

O my does it ever sound good, just what I like.

Annesphamily said...

What a delightful meal! It is always nice to see a little of everything as I catch up with my reading today! Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

Oh yum!!! This looks delicious! And I just got almost all of these things at the farm stand today!

Katie said...

Oh yum!!! This looks delicious! And I just got almost all of these things at the farm stand today!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails