Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ikea For The Win {and Stools?}

It was our first day of summer vacation and what did we do? 
 Miss Middle School and I took a trip to Ikea. 
I had one purchase in mind.
I wanted these rattan seat floor cushion thingies. It would have been helpful to look them up before we left but I always see them there so I didn't think it would be hard to find them.  Boy, was I wrong. We walked around the entire store, up and down and all around and could not find them. We even tried looking them up on the computer.   Doing a quick Google search on my phone saved the day! 
Who knew they were stools?
Once we had the name, "Alseda",we were able to locate them in the store (in a far away back corner)
 I thought they would be great for additional seating when we have a lot of people over and we could even use them outside when the weather was nice.  I love the texture they bring to our living room.  I also found pillows for the living room. The lighting in these photos isn't great but they have some navy and greyish green in them and the design sort of mimics the design on the new curtains.
 I've tried a couple of pillows out in here and they've all gone back to the store.  I think these two are staying!
The light in this photo is a little better and you can see it all coming together.
 I still need artwork behind the sofa--black and white gallery wall maybe??
As for the "stools", they are heavier than they look.  There's a metal frame covered in banana fiber rattan.  Two stacked together make a nice little perch for hanging out and just look cute peeking out from behind the leather recliner.
We found a few other things on our trip and they'll be popping up in future posts.
Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with:
Pin It

10 comments:

Karen said...

I could spend an entire day wandering through IKEA! Maybe you should display some of your photos in B&W on that wall....they'd look great there. You can get some nice frames at IKEA. :)

Tamar SB said...

I want to move into IKEA! Love it there SO much!! I just need to start playing the lottery so I have a big enough house to fit it all in!

Love Of Quilts said...

I have always wanted to go to IKEA. We don't have a store anywhere even close. I need to remember to look for one next time I go on a trip. You have found some very nice seating.

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

I love Ikea too. I bet you loved every minute of the wandering :)

Those stools are perfect! I really like those cushions too.

Katie said...

Love Ikea!!!

You know how cool I think those stools are. Especially when they are stacked up. They add such an interesting texture to the room.

I really love the pillows too! The colors are great and they go with the curtains without being too matchy matchy!

Bliss said...

The last time I went to Ikea for a quick little look, it took all darn day and I don't think I ended up coming home with anything!
Bliss

Pride In Photos said...

Heather, I have been looking for these wicker stools too for a year!! Love yours.

Jules said...

Love those stools and the pillows are to die for.....excellent choices all the way around. I have a feeling your B&W gallery wall will be done before mine....I have got to get my act together. Katie is coming in September and I want it done by then! YIKES!!!!

mail4rosey said...

I've never been in an Ikea but people sure seem to love it. :)

Christine Vandormolen said...

I love those stools as well and I have 2 of them.....I was just thinking about moving them outdoors. Here is a link to a photo of mine.... stop by if you get a chance. Christine from Little Brags
http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2013/02/crap-room-to-craft-room.html

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails