Thursday, September 5, 2013

{Travel} Hamptons Girls Trip-Part 2

Our second day in the Hamptons started in picturesque Sag Harbor.  
Part 1 of our trip starts here.
I loved these painted doors on the shops in town.
After breakfast we walked down to the marina. 
This is one of my favorite shots from the trip.
Yacht shopping, anyone?
The town looks like it hasn't changed much over the years, maintaining it's retro charm
and quirky personality.
{sorry for the glare on the sign}
Next we headed down Montauk Highway to Amagansett Square.  I didn't take many pictures of this "quaint, cozy, outdoor shopping area nestled in the heart of Amangansett" (from their website). 
I was obsessed with the store Love Adorned. I could have spent all day in there!
 

We had to drag ourselves away to sample some Jack's Stir Brew coffee.
They also had a nice selection of vegan doughnuts and baked goods.
The nautical decor caught my eye.
We did a little shopping and then made our way down to Montauk
 

Who doesn't love a good lighthouse?
There was a path down to the water and you could walk along these huge rocks all the way around the lighthouse.
A view of the beach from the rocks.
This is the oldest lighthouse in New York State and was authorized by the Second Congress under President George Washington in 1792.  
It's still active today in aiding navigation.
Our next stop in Montauk was Gosman's Dock on Montauk Harbor.
This was yet another cute shopping/dining area.

We had a nice lunch at Topside looking out on the gorgeous blue water.
We passed this gorgeous Adirondak chairs surrounded by flowers on our way to Bridgehampton to do some grocery shopping for my daughter.  After picking up some groceries we need to make one more stop.
We went back to Southampton to check out Coopers Beach.  It's American's #1 Rated Beach..that's a lot to live up to.
It sure looked perfect on that day.
We just came to look but I'm sure a day at the beach there would be quite nice(after you paid the $40 a day fee to park there.
So if you're keeping track, we went to Sag Harbor, Amagansett, Montauk, Bridgehampton and Southampton all in one day!

It was time to go back to the motel for a little rest before dinner.
Dinner that night was at Fresh Hamptons in Bridgehampton.  The menu was creative and fun.
The next morning we had to pack up and go home.
We had breakfast together but the only photo I have is of this soaring ceiling and massive wood beams in the restaurant.
It was sad to leave her but we knew she'd be home in less than two weeks so that made it a little easier.
I hope you enjoyed our little visit to The Hamptons.
Linking up with:
Seasonal Sundays
Create & Inspire
Sunday Showcase
Catch a Glimpse
Pin It

6 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Heather
Fabulous! You covered a lot of ground-I bet your worn out.
But, wow!

Jules said...

What a perfect little town - it looks like you and the girls had such a great time! And I am loving those doors as well...not to mention that BEACH!

Katie said...

This trip looks wonderful!

I really love the painted doors.

You went to so many places! That is so cool that you were able to see so much of Long Island.

The beach is gorgeous. Man do I miss Long Island beaches (of course, the ones I went to weren't that pretty!)

The lighthouse looks great! You had such a beautiful day, the sky looks gorgeous!

Becky said...

What a great trip! I still love taking trips with my mom! Such beautiful scenery!

Julie Nichols said...

I'm a Long Island girl. Your pictures brought back memories of my days when I lived in East Hampton. Beautiful pictures!!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful photos! I have never been to the Hamptons so I really enjoyed these pictures!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails