Thursday, July 11, 2013

{Recipe}Zucchini "Noodle" Lasagna

This isn't so much a recipe as a method for making lasagna with zucchini strips instead of pasta noodles.  Zucchini season will soon be upon us and it's a good way to use them up.  It's also great if you're trying to cut down on carbs and calories.  I just think it's good!
 For 4 servings, slice 1-2 medium zucchinis horizontally in long thin strips. I use a mandolin slicer. Stop slicing when you get to the seeds and turn zucchini over to slice down other sides.
 Get your baking dish ready by spreading some spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
 

Grill the zucchini slices with a little olive oil. They cook quickly. I use the panini press--you could also roast it in the oven or saute it on the stove.
 When all of the zucchini is cooked, start assembling the lasagna.
Spread zucchini strips over the sauce.
 Make your filling (do this while the zucchini cooks). I use part skim ricotta and part skim mozzarella with a few spices like oregano,garlic powder and salt and pepper.
 Spread a layer of filling over the 'noodles". 
 Add more sauce and repeat the layers.
 Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until heated through and bubbly on top.
 Dig in!
We sure did!
Have you ever used a noodle alternative?

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with:
Pin It

13 comments:

Jules said...

This look sooo delicious and seems really easy as well....must try it!

Tamar SB said...

I make zucchini pasta all the time but never thought to do this!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks good! I may just have to try this. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kara said...

What a great idea! I am Celiac and so this would be a wonderful way for me to be able to eat lasagna

Jim said...

Those sound really good, Heather. Thank you for the great idea.

I think they would also be good with some crumpled fried chopped beef and sausage hidden amongst the cheeses if one wanted some read meat in the meal.

Be sure to buy lean and then drain well and wash with hot water to keep the calories down.
..

Love Of Quilts said...

Delicious sounding meal thanks.

Bliss said...

OH yes..... pinned.
Bliss

Ida said...

What a different approach to Lasagna, I tried (Fish Lasagna once and no one liked it, it was awful) this however sounds like it might actually taste good.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh this really does look fabulous. I will definitely make this one. Our zucchini is growing like weeds in the garden. Thanks so much for the recipe and thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Katie said...

I saw this on pinterest and we made it for dinner Sunday night! It was delicious!

AJ and I have very differing opinions on how al dente (me) or mushy (him) the noodles should be. And now I found a way around that problem!

Seriously, thank you for this recipe! Its totally going into our rotation!

Maria said...

This looks DELICIOUS!!! Love the idea of making a zucchini lasagna!!!! I love zucchini and have tried to find new ways to use it this summer, I'll have to give this a try too! Looks delicious!

Keren: Fabulous farmlife said...

Visiting from Hickory trail.
Sounds delicious, will have to try. Pinned it, and now following you on bloglovin.
Keren from Fabulous-farmliving

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I must say this looks really good. I love zucchini and the dish would be so yummy! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

Linda

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails