Wednesday, July 3, 2013

{Get Crafty}No-Sew Patriotic Bunting

Follow on Bloglovin

Another 'crafty' post, what?  
Yes it's an easy peasy patriotic bunting.
I was late on getting my patriotic decor up this year since we were away over Memorial Day weekend. Once I did get them up, I thought I could really use a patriotic bunting over the fireplace.
 I found a template and picked up two different patriotic fabrics (1/2 yard of each) and some ribbon at Joanne's.
 I cut the template out of cardboard to make things easier.
 I traced the template on the wrong side of the fabric and then cut them out with pinking shears. I gave them a quick press with the iron after cutting them out.
 I used the island to lay them out and see if I had enough. I needed a few more so I cut them out and then attached them to the ribbon with hot glue.  I ended up using 12 triangles to make mine.
 This was a really quick project!
 It gave the mantle a little more patriotic swag for less that $6 (and I have leftover fabric and ribbon!).
 It is so light that I was able to hang it up with some masking tape on each side.
I've made buntings out of paper before but this was my first fabric bunting.
 It definitely won't be my last.  
Pin It

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Great bunting! I miss having a fireplace. Perfect place for them!

Dawn

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love it and your mantel looks amazing. Super tutorial. Don't forget, you can still link up to Inspire Me Tuesday - - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/171st-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

Tamar SB said...

adorable! love it - and love those counters, I am a sucker for granite!

Creations By Cindy said...

So cute! Happy 4th of July! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jules said...

Your banner turner out so cute!!!! And fairy easy as well - seems like something that you could easily make work for any holiday as long as you could find material that you liked!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Great bunting, I need to try and make some :)

Patty said...

It looks great. I like your method!

Katie said...

Your bunting is fabulous!! I love how it came out, and that you can use it for Memorial Day and 4th of July!

Every time I see your fireplace mantle decor, it makes me want to install one here...

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love this and the fabric is so pretty, perfect for the 4th. Great tutorial. Thanks tons for joining Inspire ME. Hugs, Marty

lissa said...

looks great! it would work with color papers as well. nice tip.

have a great day.

Pearl Maple said...

creative idea for your holiday decorations

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

cute! love it!

Debra @ Homespun said...

it looks great and your tutorial was clear and concise! Nice mantel! :)

fredamans said...

Did a fantastic job!!!

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

A very good idea! Hope you had a good 4th of July.

Splendid Little Stars said...

great bunting! love it!

mrs. c said...

I really like the fabric! there is a JoAnn's here but it is near our huge mall and there is always so much traffic but I am always seeing so many cute things created with materials from JoAnn. I hope you had a wonderful 4th and enjoy the rest of this week!

Jenny said...

Hi Heather! I saw all the Fourth of July fabric on sale at Joannes yesterday!

I may have to go back and store some up for this idea!

What a happy and festive post!

You are soooo clever!

Thanks for linking.

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails