Sunday, July 25, 2010

{Recipe}White Chocolate Chip Fruit Tart

This is what the hubs requests every year for his birthday in lieu of cake (and he loves bakery cake!).  It's really best in the summer when all the summer fruits are at their peak of ripeness.  The girls have learned how to make it and usually help me out with it. It's not a difficult recipe but there are a few steps and wait time in between so you need to allot some time to the preparation. It's very impressive and so delicious!


First you make the shortbread crust.

Mix 3/4 c. softened butter, 1/2 c. powdered sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in 1-1/2 c. flour.


Scrape off the beater.

Press dough into a 12 inch pizza pan or tart dish.

This Pampered Chef double roller helps out a lot!

Make sure crust covers bottom and sides.


Bake at 300F for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Your house will smell amazing!
Remove from oven and let cool completely before filling.

While the crust is baking, make the glaze (it needs time to cool).

You'll need sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and lemon juice. 

Mix  2 T.cornstarch and 1/2 c.sugar in a pan.

Whisk in 1 c. orange juice and 1 tsp. lemon juice.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens.
Take off heat and set aside until cooled.

Once the crust is cool, it's time to fill it!
Melt 10 oz of white chocolate chips with 1/4 c. of whipping cream in the microwave. Melt at 1 minute increments and keep stirring until fully melted.

Add in an 8oz block of cream cheese and stir until combined.


Fill cooled crust with filling.


I sprinkle in some additional white chocolate chips now too.

Now the fun begins!!

Start arranging your summer fruit on top of the filling.
This time we used nectarines, plums, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi and blackberries.

My helper did a beautiful job, don't you think?

It looks so pretty before the glaze goes on!

Pour the cooled glaze all over the fruit. Cover and chill until ready to eat.

Serves 8-10 (or 2).
Celebrate!

Blogger Templates
Linking up with:





mingle mondays button







Tuesday Tag-AlongPhotobucket


www.bigbearswife.com





Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!




Blog Button

sweet Thursday
Pin It

35 comments:

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Yum! Looks fabulous and delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Sourkraut said...

That looks heavenly and perfect for my white chocolate-loving husband. I'm printing this one out to try soon. Thanks!

Shopper Gal said...

That white chocolate chip fruit tart is making me hungry. Looks delish!!
Hi, I'm your newest follower from Making Friends Monday!
Hope you can stop on by and say hello!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Becky said...

oh my goodness, YUM!!!

Petie said...

Wow, looks great! Perfect time of year for this dish :) Love the sparkly candles on top too!

JIll said...

I am following you back from Mingle Monday and now I am very hungry. Have a great Monday.

Life in Rehab said...

Dang it, I read this after Sam hit the grocery store! That looks just scrumptious!

Moogie said...

I'm a new follower. Great blog!
http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

Charity said...

Hi There! I'm stopping bye to say hello from Monday's MFM. I hope you can stop by and visit. Have a great Monday!

http://humboldtcherry.blogspot.com/

Meghan Cooper said...

New follower! drooling on my keyboard now! Hope you follow back at http://www.jamonkey.com

trippingtiffies said...

My Dear, you had me at fruit tart. I'm your newest follower!!

♥fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

Ron Cooper said...

Hey Heather!

I’m following you now from Mingle Monday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

jennoreilly said...

this looks amazing, totally bookmarking this recipe for my next dessert day!!

Marissa said...

seriously looks SO to.die.for delicious!! YUM!!! I think I can smell it from here...yep, I can :)

Joy said...

Wow that looks so yummy! I want some :) Have a great week.

Living on Love and Cents said...

Hello! Thanks for linking up at MFM! Nice to meet you! I am now following you. Have a great week! www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

Ann - Making Fun Family Memories with Childrens Tea Sets said...

WOW! Looks gorgeous! But I can certainly see why you appreciate the help! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubs :)

Charla said...

I think its gorgeous and I want to take a big bite!!!! Thank you for the wonderful recipe!

Twee Poppets said...

Hello! Thanks for tagging along this week at the Tuesday Tag-Along blog hop! I'm a follower of your blog! :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com


By the way, this looks absolutely delicious! I hope you plan on sending it to me. ;)

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from Tuesday Tag-Along!!! :) This looks so yummy!

Hope you'll come visit me soon and follow back.
Lisa xoxo
Raising Future Leaders
http://raisingfutureleaders.blogspot.com

The Mommy said...

I'm going to bookmark this one. Everyone in my family enjoy fruit tart. Thanks for your recipe. It looks awesome!

Sherry said...

That looks delicious! I haven't seen it with white chocolate! Nice!

Kate said...

This looks fabulous! What a special dessert.

Mickey said...

Oh wow! That looks delicious! Can't wait to make it :)
mickey

Sheila said...

Heather, that looks fabulous!! I may have to try it!

BigBearswife said...

oh my that looks so good!!

I'd love to have this added to our Friday Food Favs Link Party! http://bigbearswife.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-food-favs.html

Jerri said...

How great! I love white chocolate!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Just beautiful, I'm sure you all enjoy it!

Patti said...

Looks delish - great pics!

Gypsy Heart said...

Hi, just found your blog and I'm so glad! I used to have this recipe and lost it so this is a great bonus to visiting you. Thanks so much for sharing! Your girls are wonderful to be helpful and yes, they are talented.

Have a blessed week ~
Pat

Beth said...

Oh, my goodness, I was so not interested in this tart when I saw "white chocolate," but I kept reading. The photos are so great! I'm glad I stayed through the end because the tart is beautiful. I like how you showed the crust making process. White chocolate doesn't appeal to me but I'm sure it tastes very good because of everything else. Thanks for sharing.

the cape on the corner said...

yums, that looks refreshing and deelish! i know my boyfriend would love that since he loves white chocolate!

BigBearswife said...

thanks for linking to the friday food party! Im following you now! Hope you'll join me next friday!!

niartist said...

OMG How delicious does this look! Thanks for sharing the step by steps! LOVE THAT! I might have to give this a whirl! Great post!

Jerri said...

So yummy, especially with the white chocolate!

Thanks for sharing this with us for Sweet Thursday! Hope to see you for this month's cookie event!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails