Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thrifty Buys, Steals & Deals

I found quite a few bargains over the summer of thrifting, shopping and antiquing.
This crate and old mayo jar came home with me after we dropped College Girl off at school.  We had visited a great 'funky junk' store there last year and were really bummed when it wasn't there anymore.
Luckily we found its new location.
I didn't even notice the salad dressing recipes on the lid until the store owner pointed them out. 
"Variety Peps Up Salads!"
I have a thing for old jars.
I put it up over the microwave with my other old jar filled with gumballs.  I also scored an old straw holder at Goodwill that I filled with brightly colored straws.
The little ceramic pot on the end is also a 'new' acquisition from Goodwill.
 It says A pot (t-ps-n).  I have my theory, what's yours?
The nut grinder is also from GW years ago.
My mom offered me this silver candle holder when I was at her house one day. I said 'sure!'.  I found the crystal single candle holder at GW and it's from Crate & Barrel!  I like having different heights for my candles so I don't mind getting single candle holders. I look for crystal and silver to mix together.
I tried it out with all of the candles a blazing and I love it!
Here was my stash from another thrifting adventure that I took with my mom and Miss Middle School.
I scored three Martha holiday books, the brown flower pot (looks very fall-like to me), the little silver candleholder and a navy duvet cover. The queen sized duvet cover was $5!  I couldn't resist it for the fabric alone! I'm using it as a throw on the foot of the bed right now.
Speaking of hard to resist, Old Blue Eyes came home with me from Goodwill one day for .47c.
 The album is in perfect condition.
This is all I came home with when I took College Girl to Ikea (minus the apple).
I always check out the clearance section at Anthropologie for cute home goods like these bright napkins.  Cloth napkins can be turned into accent pillows but right now I'm just using them as napkins for my food photos.

Have you gotten any good deals lately?
Linking up with:


Pin It

25 comments:

Monica said...

What fun! I need to get out and hit the thrift stores! I have that same blue duvet cover (from IKEA) and I use it as a throw on the end of our bed too!!

Jules said...

You always manage to find such treasures!!! And, doesn't everone need A Pot (t-ps-n)...I got it!

Tamar SB said...

What amazing finds!!! I dream about things like this but never quite find them (ok...never really look lol)

Tea in Texas said...

You certainly scored this summer with all your great finds.
I know you were so glad to find the new location of the store from last year. Your mayo jar is the perfect addition to your collection! Mother's are great for knowing what we need and the candleholder is awesome! Have a lovely week!

Pam

Life with Kaishon said...

It looks like you found some awesome treats this summer. I love your lone candle holder! : )

Katie said...

You got such awesome things!

I love that variety peps up salads. Variety peps up everything, doesn't it?

Um, I can't figure out the A pot A pot (t-ps-n) but it seems you and Julie did! I tried googling it, but that was not a good idea at work!

The candles look amazing! That holder is very cool!

And I love your Ikea and Anthropolgie finds too!

Katie said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I just got it :)

Hahaha, and I love it!

Bliss said...

My imagination or is there something that reminds you of Mr. Click and old blue eyes?

Becky said...

What absolutely fantastic finds!!! I didn't get it at first, I was thinking top sun, which made me think top gun, then I was thinking about about Tom Cruise, you see how that happens? Then I read Julie's comment and I totally got it and slapped my forehead!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your finds make me ready to do some thrift shopping this week! Love the duvet cover, I use mine as a light summer bed spread. Thanks for sharing at TTF.

Donna Wilkes said...

The mayo jar is my favorite. I love to travel and find new junk stores.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I too love old jars, crages and Old Blue Eyes. Great scores!

Have a week as beautiful as you!

aman kesherwani said...

Verry Nice Site.. How to Create This Site ...

World Largest Mp3 Collection......Sites

songspk

Krrish 3 songspk

songspk

Krrish 3 songs download

Krrish 3 mp3 download

Fresher Requirtment

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my word, what fun treasures. I love them all. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Amberly Steele said...

Love the candles! Very pretty!

lissa said...

I like old stuff, antiques too as they don't make things like they used to, that;s for sure.

have a great day.

acreativeharbor.com said...

Great 'finds' and great photos for T ~ so creative and fun ~ carol ^_^

Charleen said...

I absolutely love thrifting! :-)

myfluffybunnies said...

Love that brown pot! And that duvet cover. And that jar ... Okay, I need to plan a trip to Goodwill!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

You've inspired me! I'm going to do some second hand store shopping this weekend...

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh fun finds! I LOVE to go to thrift shops, antique stores, etc... I love old children's books, anything unusual, glass jars...etc... oh! and antique wooden desks (my hubby says I gotta quite "finding" them haha...since I have 4 little ones and one large one and one double seated desk...I use them all around the house.)

Blessings & Aloha!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You have some great finds here, indeed! :) great T post! :)

fredamans said...

Great finds! Reminds me to invest in some linen napkins.

bj said...

OHMYGOODNESS...what great finds. I love every one of them.
I am following you now, both thru bloglovin and Google Friends connect.
Hope you'll come by and follow along with this olden great-grandmother.:)
Over from Tablescaper...

Jenny said...

You always find such neat treasures in the thrift stores around town...

It is a total blast taking treats like this and turning them into different treasures to enjoy!

Thanks for linking to the letter "T" - Terrific job!

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails