Friday, September 27, 2013

Expedite Expedition

I posted this photo on Instagram as my quickest Ikea trip ever(including our $17 dinner for three and during a holiday weekend!).
We were in search of an Expedite shelving unit. I'd heard (read) so many good things about this versatile piece of furniture and we needed something to corral the growing number of music books Miss Middle School has collected.  
 My husband put it together so quickly that I didn't even get any photos of it being assembled.
I also picked up two of the Knipsa baskets that fit perfectly in the unit and are great for storing her notebooks away.  I like the texture next to texture of the baskets and wicker stools.
I use one for her notebooks and one for a few of the smaller games that we keep upstairs. 

It's been fun to accessorize the shelves with things we had around the house. 
 
 My thrifted crate has found a home.
You can see my Upcylced Trophy Cup has also found a new hang out.
I really love how this room has come together since we got the new piano,changed the layout and gained a lot more space.  Since then, we've put up new curtains and rods and added these stools and pillows as well as this garden stool.  A gallery wall behind the sofa is still in the works.
Linking up with:
Masterpiece Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Seasonal Sundays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Blog Stalking Thursday
Catch a Glimpse
Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

Your shelf looks great! I am so hoping to add a large one of these by the end of the year....hint, hint Santa...to house a bunch of scrap supplies. My closet in the new place is just not cutting it. Awww....the infamous gallery walls. I am sure that I will see your second before I get done with my first...honestly right now it is just crippling. I have all the extra frames I need with the exception of the picture that will be taken next month, but having a hard time deciding on the heat mount pictures and accessories. I am so tired of that bare wall and the stack of framed pictures on the floor....uuugghhh!

Tamar SB said...

I have the light version of that on it's side as my living room entertainment center/book shelf! I love the series!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I have a few Ikea pieces and just love them! You're shelving looks great.

Bliss said...

So you flew in, flew out and left the other shoppers in the dust.

Becky said...

I love it and the way you've accessorized it too! Our Ikea won't open until fall 2014, ugh! I'm making a list though...

tinajo said...

The shelf looks great there! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your new shelf. That is gorgeous.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love this area and the shelves look wonderful and that chair if fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails