Friday, October 3, 2014

{Get Crafty} Upcycled Map Tray and New Link Party!! Friday Favorites #81

Happy Friday! 
I'm going to be co-hosting Friday Favorites, a new (to me) link party where you can share you favorite projects each week.
But before we get to that, here's what I'll be linking up.

Upcycled Map Tray
Remember that tray I found at Good will last week? 
 I painted the sides with chalk paint (Treasure by America Decor Paints from Michael's).
 I had some leftover map pieces from my Back To School Map Banner and used Mod Podge to attach them to the tray.
 I ripped pieces of the map and fit them together like a puzzle.
 I let the first coat of Mod Podge dry (under the map pieces) before adding more to the top. I did 4 coats total on the top.
I love how it turned out and Miss High School immediately claimed it for herself.
I also painted another Mason jar with the new color, I can't stop!!

Now, onto Friday Favorites #81
I'm going to be co-hosting this link up with these lovely ladies!
Morgan from Finding Morgan
They'd love it if you'd follow them and link up a project!!

Rules:
LINK & LINGER WITH A NEW BLOG
Link 1-3 of your projects- older projects work too!
Social media shout outs for the party are encouraged!
Please add our button to your post!

Link up here!
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Yay for hosting a linky! The tray looks so cool!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Beautiful! I love how it looks!

Julie Corbisiero said...

I love the tray you made. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the weekend!

Dawn said...

Excellent use of scraps of maps!

Becky said...

Love that color!! Funny that she swiped it for herself ;) I thought of you the other day. Do you subscribe to Country Living magazine? They had the cutest tray in the November edition!!

Jules said...

I absolutely love what yo did with that tray...it turned out GREAT!!! Way to go on the link up, if I ever get my act together again and do anything besides work and workout, I will try to have something to link up.

Wandering Wren said...

Just popping over from Alphabe Thursday - perfect U for U!! Love your map tray would be lovely way to use up all those holiday maps - you know when you get back home and wonder will I ever go back there?!!
Wren x

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative tray and great post and shots for U ~ Happy Weekend to you.

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I have blue Ball jar that I just love. I bought mine though because I'm lame and don't have any artistic ability!

Lmkazmierczak said...

Love your results...I tend to line the back of book shelves with maps (usually Nat Geo ones) so the books stand out♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/urban- life/

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails