Tuesday, September 9, 2014

{Get Crafty} Map Banner

Today I'm taking a little break from our Washington, DC trip to bring you an easy 
Back to School Map Banner.
Last year I gave the mantel a back to school makeover when I wasn't quite ready to bring out the pumpkins but I'd had enough of seashells and Americana.
This banner is the perfect accompaniment.
I had all of the supplies on hand which made it even easier(and free!).
Supplies Needed:
Old maps (you can also photo copy maps or print from internet)
Scissors
Pen
Ribbon
Hole Puncher
Ruler
Cardboard
Use the ruler to make a template out of the cardboard.  Trace the template onto the maps and cut out as many as you need (I used 7 total).
Use a hole puncher to punch out two holes along the straight edge of each banner piece and string to together with ribbon.
Hang it up. It was so light I used masking tape to hang it.
The masking tape makes it easy to adjust where you want to hang it.
This was the sweet spot for me.
Simple and sweet!

Do you follow?
Pin It

13 comments:

Jules said...

What a cute idea......I wonder how it would be with some type of phrase added?

Tamar SB said...

Oo I should make that for my class' mapping unit...in all my spare time, ha!

Becky said...

This is adorable!! Love it Heather!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a totally cute idea! Your project turned out so cute. Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

This is so simple, yet cute.
I just threw a map away, darn!
Now I'll have to thrift for another one.

Love Of Quilts said...

You are so creative. Great Idea. I do like your mantel.

Carla from The River said...

Fun idea, I think my boys would like a banner in their study area. They love maps.
Thank you for sharing.

Debbiedoos said...

What a cute idea Heather! Looks super cute on the mantel you clever girl you!

Dawn said...

Love it! Maps are awesome!

Tracy said...

Great idea to use the map as your banner paper :)
Love your mantel :)

the cape on the corner said...

i love this! the banner is adorable.
happy fall.
b

Jessica Pelasky said...

Aww! I love how cute this turned out! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, yes this is really cute and thanks for sharing the tutorial at Cooking & Crafting with J & J.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails