Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's OK, I'm With The Band (again)

What's old, is new again.
At least that's how it feels sometimes.
 The hubs, Mr Click, is back in a band and it's been a lot of fun!  He was in a band when I met him 30+ years ago (is it that long?) and invited me to his band practice on our second date. Smooth move, right?  He's been in different bands over the years but hasn't played in one for awhile.
 He was recently invited to join the band of his former (and first) drummer--a bunch of guys who met through their rotary club.  They play out about once a month and this was their first gig with the new bass player(Mr Click).
We had a lot of friends and family come out to see the band.  I tried some of this pumpkin ale (yum).
 I'm not kidding about a "bunch" of guys, there are 7!
The band name was chosen through a contest.
 They play a great mix of tunes, it's all stuff that you know and love and makes you want to dance.
Somebody's happy to be back on stage!
 A shot of the crowd.
 They did an outdoor charity gig and all hopped on this tank for a photo op.
This stage was much larger so I was finally able to get them all in a photo. 
I'm looking forward to their next gig but don't call me a groupie! :)

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

so much fun! we have friends who play in a band much like mr. click's... great "oldie" standards where everyone knows the words. always a great night out.

Jules said...

How fun! I always wanted to date "a guy in the band"....now I would just settle for a decent guy that liked the same bands as I do....lol.

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

This is so fun! I love that they met at rotary meeting! Pumpkin ale is a good choice!!! Have a great day Heather! laura

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful post for V and lovely that you and your hubby get to share 'in a band' event again ~ monthly fun!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

EG CameraGirl said...

Great fun! It's wonderful that your husband is so happy to be in a band again.

Gattina said...

Looks like a lot of fun !

Love Of Quilts said...

Nothing like this to make you fell young again. Are you feeling like a young chick.lol

Tamar SB said...

How fun! I bet they sound great!

Lmkazmierczak said...

How nice to still be able to be in a band♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/variations-on-a-pine-cone/

Carla from The River said...

That is so cool.
You will have to post a video so we can dance too. :-)

Becky said...

How fun!! I love that you're tagging along and enjoying the ride too :)

Karen said...

Love it!! Kudos to Mr. Click for returning to his youthful ventures and putting himself out there. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for gigs!!

Dawn Gross said...

How much fun! Love local bands like that!

Ida said...

How fun. My hubby plays guitar but not in a band. He does play at church though.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails