Thursday, October 2, 2014

{Recipe) Butternut Squash Wontons and New Link Party Announcement!!


I know this isn't exactly a pumpkin recipe but in keeping up with my Fall Bucket List to try 3 new savory pumpkin recipes, I first ventured with one made of butternut squash, pumpkin's first cousin (I'm making that up about the cousin).
I saw Hungry Girl's recipe for Oh My Squash! Pot Stickers and changed it up a bit by roasting the butternut squash instead of microwaving it.  I think it gives the filling more flavor when the squash is roasted.  Wontons are so easy to work with and are really low in calorie, I don't know why I always shied away from using them in the past.  Silly me!
More wonton recipes to come!!
These babies are stuffed with squash, carrots and scallions and zing with a hint of ginger.  
The dipping sauce is a blend of soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce.  
The meal comes together quickly and is perfect for a fall night.

And....starting tomorrow, I'll be joining up with some wonderful bloggers and co-hosting Friday Favorites Link Up. 



I hope you'll come back and link up your weekly fave or just stop over to see what's happening.


Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

6 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

YUMMY Heather! Fantastic dish here.

Chrissy said...

thank you for including the blend for the dipping sauce! my mouth was watering looking at the pics and i was going to ask. haha. ;)

Bliss said...

I love all squash, well maybe not spaghetti squash as much as the others, but cook it steam it load it with butter and I'm good to go. Maybe I could put it in a wonton with brown sugar butter dipping sauce?

Becky said...

I told Mike JUST today I wanted to pick up some butternut squash! Too funny!! These look delicious!!

How fun is this link up??!! Can't wait!

Jules said...

I love butternut squash...the sound/look delicious!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Wow! I have to make these!!!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails