I know this isn't exactly a pumpkin recipe but in keeping up with my Fall Bucket List to try 3 new savory pumpkin recipes, I first ventured with one made of butternut squash, pumpkin's first cousin (I'm making that up about the cousin).
I saw Hungry Girl's recipe for Oh My Squash! Pot Stickers and changed it up a bit by roasting the butternut squash instead of microwaving it. I think it gives the filling more flavor when the squash is roasted. Wontons are so easy to work with and are really low in calorie, I don't know why I always shied away from using them in the past. Silly me!
More wonton recipes to come!!
These babies are stuffed with squash, carrots and scallions and zing with a hint of ginger.
The dipping sauce is a blend of soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce.
The meal comes together quickly and is perfect for a fall night.
And....starting tomorrow, I'll be joining up with some wonderful bloggers and co-hosting Friday Favorites Link Up.
I hope you'll come back and link up your weekly fave or just stop over to see what's happening.
Do you follow?










6 comments:
YUMMY Heather! Fantastic dish here.
thank you for including the blend for the dipping sauce! my mouth was watering looking at the pics and i was going to ask. haha. ;)
I love all squash, well maybe not spaghetti squash as much as the others, but cook it steam it load it with butter and I'm good to go. Maybe I could put it in a wonton with brown sugar butter dipping sauce?
I told Mike JUST today I wanted to pick up some butternut squash! Too funny!! These look delicious!!
How fun is this link up??!! Can't wait!
I love butternut squash...the sound/look delicious!
Wow! I have to make these!!!!
Post a Comment