Wednesday, October 29, 2014

{Entertaining} Movie Themed Teen Birthday Party

Miss High School turned 15 this month (how is that possible?)and we did a movie themed party for her family party.
We found this back drop from Oriental Trading Company as well as the stars.  It was fun for the photo booth.
We even had a red carpet but it didn't last very long.
 I made Goat Cheese and Oven Dried Tomato Crostini as an appetizer.  We also served pretzel nuggets and a few other nibbles.
 We had a cozy fire in the fireplace, the temps had just dropped!
I whipped up some festive Apple Pie Punch which is always a hit this time of year. Recipe to come!
Here was our chalkboard menu.
When I think of movie food, I think of pretzels (served as an appetizer), popcorn (coming up) and nachos so we did a nacho/taco bar as the main course.   I made both vegetarian and 'meatetarian' taco meat and we had tortilla chips and soft tortillas for the base. I also made cilantro lime rice.
Here's where we put all of the taco fixin's. 
  I also served our favorite Sweet Kale salad from Costco. Get it!
I made two kinds of soup: New England Clam Chowder (seen here) and Potato Corn Chowder. Do you think the clam chowder is thick enough?
 We set up a popcorn bar for our guests.
We had sweet and salty popcorn and a bunch of different mix-ins.
 I thought it was a fun idea...
and it tied in with the movie theme quite nicely.
 Somebody else like it too!
 Of course we had to have dessert and the birthday girl made her own pink velvet cake. 
I made Reeses' No-Bake bars and we had a few other sweet treats too.
Speaking of sweet treats! Look what I found!!
Checked another thing off of my Fall Bucket List!

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Inspire Me Tuesday
Pin It

11 comments:

Pam Jackson said...

What an awesome idea....and thanks for making me so hungry!

Tamar SB said...

Such a fun theme and such good treats to enjoy!

Kathy McB said...

WHAT??!!??? WHERE did you find that Blue Moon?

Morgan Taber said...

I love this, Heather! So creative! How was the ale?! That looks delicious!

Dawn Gross said...

Your parties are awesome!!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a fun party! I love the movie theme! Everything looks so good too. YEP, need the punch recipe. Happy Birthday to your birthday girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jules said...

What a great theme for a teenager! You can add this to the ever growing list of AWESOME parties that you have thrown. Zachary turns 14 on Sunday and this is the first year that he has said no party....my heart broke a little...it really did. My birthday is two days after Christmas, so it was next to impossible to get anyone to come to a party that time of the year as most people were out of town. When Z came along, I was determined that he was going to have parties....I guess it is the end of a tradition. :(

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a fun and great party for a beautiful 15 year old! Love all the details and that kale salad? Yummy!!!!

Balot said...

Can't wait for the recipes :D

Becky said...

I absolutely love your themed party posts!! Such a fun party, and I have to say, I had a flash forward moment to what it will feel like when Landry is 15 and it did not feel good. Haha!

Carla from The River said...

Totally awesome. Great party!! Love the concessions. Making me very hungry. :-)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails