Tuesday, October 21, 2014

{Recipe} Lightened Up Pumpkin Ravioli


These might not be the prettiest ravioli but they were tasty! In keeping up with my Fall Bucket List to try at least 3 new savory pumpkin recipes, I decided to tackle pumpkin ravioli.  I was inspired by a recipe in Taste of Home but it was loaded with butter and heavy cream and used 6 eggs for the pasta. 
 I wanted to lighten it up and created my own recipe (using some of Hungry Girl's tips). I mixed up a filling of approximately 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin, 2-3 Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, salt, pepper and nutmeg.  Using wonton wrappers really lightens up the recipe and is a time saver. Put about 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of each wonton wrapper (make two at a time and keep the package covered while working).
 Moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper with your finger dipped in water and fold over, pinching the sides together to close up the wrapper.  
 Keep filling the wrappers until you have as many as you need (this made about 15 total for us).
When you're ready to cook them, have a pot of boiling water ready and cook them a few at a time.  They only take about 2 minutes to cook. Remove them to a plate to keep warm while the sauce is cooking (or make the sauce first).
 I made a basic white sauce for the ravioli, melting 1 TBS of butter and whisking in 1 TBS of flour.
 Then I added in 1 cup of skim milk and whisked until thickened.  
I added a few tablespoons of pureed pumpkin, whisking it in and seasoned with a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Add the sauce to the ravioli and enjoy!

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Tickle My Tastebuds
Friday Favorites
Pin It

6 comments:

Dawn Gross said...

Hmmm ... Love pumpkin! But not sure about ravioli. Don't knock it til you try it, right?!

Creations By Cindy said...

Well I must say that this looks interesting! I do love me some ravoli! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bliss said...

OK...so I have only deep fried won ton wraps in oil with cream cheese in them. Are you telling me I can use them as a noodle, cooked in water and they will not be crunchy? Oh my, my rear end needed that tip!

Jules said...

This looks sooo good!!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

They look absolutely delicious!

Chrissy said...

all i can say is yummmmmmm! =)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails