Monday, March 2, 2015

{DIY} Chalk Painted Bedside Tables & Getting Organized

After painting the master bedroom that gorgeous navy, I decided that the bedside tables could use some sprucing up as well.
Not the best photo, but the dark tables were kind of blending in with the walls and I wanted them to pop.
 I was a little nervous about this project. The tables are nice, solid Ethan Allen cherry but they were also very outdated looking.  The finish was glossy and I didn't know how the chalk paint was going adhere.  The nice thing about chalk paint is that you don't need to prep the wood.
 I used the Michael's brand Americana Decor chalky finish paint again (in Everlasting).
The nerves went away after I finished the first coat, it was already an improvement.  I did two coats of paint and one coat of wax to finish them off.
 I added sparkly new hardware from Lowes.  They were the only style that fit the preexisting holes but luckily that was the exact look I was going for. 
 I didn't need to do any extra distressing of the tables. 
 Just enough of the dark wood shows through.
 I also took the opportunity (while the drawers had to be emptied) to purge and organize my drawers.
I love how I can see everything in them now(sorry, no "before" photo but just envision a big jumbled mess!).
I think these drawers need a fun lining now. #futureproject

Other Chalk Paint Projects:
Let's keep in touch!


Pin It

14 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You did a great job with the tables and the drawers look so nice and organized. The bedroom look nice.

Tamar SB said...

Love how they came together!

Emily, Our house now a home said...

This is beautiful! I like the contrast of the dark walls and the light paint. Also those drawer handles are perfection for this piece!

Carla from The River said...

Well done :-)
I like the contrast. And you are so brave. I would have been the same way. Should I or shouldn't I :-)) So glad you did, it looks awesome!


April Lou said...

I love that you repurposed something to make it work for you! I love that paint color!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love the contrast! It looks great! I know hoe you feel about getting nervous prior to painting, I'm the same way but I'm usually happy with the results! You should be thrilled, I LOVE that side table and good job organizing too :)

Dawn Gross said...

Gorgeous! They turned out great!

Becky said...

I love the way they turned out! They do pop against the navy too. .

Creations By Cindy said...

I love the way it all turned out. Beautiful and so fresh looking. And what cute mason jars too! Love your bedroom. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bliss said...

Organized nightstand drawers? I don't even know what that means.

Charla Hanson said...

Love the tables! Turned out great!

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

hi heather- this is a Friday favorites at our own party! I love the after!!! laura

Jules said...

That paint was just what they needed to really pop from the navy paint.....they are perfect!!!

Rosy Lehman said...

Your tables turned out great and look perfect against the navy walls! I've got to finish making over our bedside tables and get them organized. You've inspired me to get my act together and get a move on.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails