Tuesday, March 31, 2015

{Recipe} Vegetarian Swedish Meatball Sauce

I've been trying to perfect a Vegetarian Swedish Meatball Sauce and I think I'm getting close.
 Ingredients:
2 TBS butter  (or Earth Balance if vegan)
2 TBS all purpose flour
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup milk (can also use cream, 1/2 & 1/2 or dairy free milk)
Seasonings: Nutmeg, soy saucer/liquid aminos), rosemary, salt & pepper
Worcestershire Sauce
 Melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook on low to medium for a few minutes. Add milk and broth. Whisk in pan.
 I forgot to take a photo of the Worcestershire Sauce earlier. Here it is! Make sure it's vegetarian (no anchovies, please).
Whisk in seasonings to taste.
 I also made some spinach. I love how it looks all piled up in the pan before it cooks.
 Keep whisking sauce until it thickens. This batch didn't get super thick because I used skim milk but it was still very tasty.
Pour it on your favorite veggie meatballs (I like Trader Joe's brand) and sprinkle on some parsley.  
(Red potatoes go nicely with the potatoes and sauce.)
Enjoy!
P.S. I hear Ikea is getting vegetarian meatballs soon, I can't wait!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png



Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

OO sounds yummy!

Mama Hen said...

This looks delicious! You always have the best recipes on your blog! I am back to blogging! :-) Looking forward to checking out all of your wonderful crafts and recipes again! :)

Mama Hen

Creations By Cindy said...

Now this looks YUMMO! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Becky said...

Yum! I love how spinach (and cabbage) cooks down!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

A must make here, it looks delicious! Can't wait to try it :)

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds good and looks good. Have a great Easter.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails